Off topic.

  • James Morris
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 11, 2006
      Hi all
      Its James here, enjoyed the festive and new year period anyone?
      Anyway, I don't know if anyone has spotted this but I've been reading the e-mail's lately and there seems to be a few words like "love" that are both highlighted in green and underlined in green and when clicked on all I got was a blank page, I don't know whether anyone has spotted it yet, if you have'nt then its probably the computer I'm using but if its the actual e-mail itself, then................... well, can anyone shed some light on it please, thanks

      chers, James

    • Adam Jones
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 11, 2006
        On 11-Jan-2006 13:41 +0000, James Morris wrote:

        > Anyway, I don't know if anyone has spotted this but I've been reading the e-mail's lately and there seems to be a few words like "love" that are both highlighted in green and underlined in green and when clicked on all I got was a blank page, I don't know whether anyone has spotted it yet, if you have'nt then its probably the computer I'm using but if its the actual e-mail itself, then................... well, can anyone shed some light on it please, thanks

        If you're using some form of webmail to read the list then it's probably
        your webmail provider using some sort of irritating JavaScript-based
        advertising crap. (Installing Firefox and the AdBlock extension will
        probably let you avoid it quite handily.)

        If this is happening using a local email client on your PC (like
        Eudora, Outlook Express, etc.) then you might well have some sort of
        spyware infection. I'd recommend getting a copy of AdAware from:
        http://www.lavasoft.com/support/download/
        and running a scan to see if it finds anything.

        It could also be that Yahoo have started putting adverts in HTML emails
        from Yahoo Groups. Try logging into your Yahoo Groups account and
        changing the preferences to specify plain-text emails only (turn off
        HTML emails), assuming there's an option to do so (I haven't looked,
        but it's pretty common).
        .oO("*ahem*" )