[WWW]Yuricon site update - new art, AMVs, manga and a new feature!

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 8, 2006
      Hello all -

      We had a pretty big update on the Yuricon site this time, so be sure
      to check everything out!

      Over on the Gallery, we have new fanart of Yuriko and Midori by Kun,
      and a fantastic new picture of the Mitsukawa girls' basketballs
      starters, Kaori, Mika and Emi from Zeromus One.
      http://www.yuricon.org/gallery/

      New've got 5 new AMVs on Yuri Studios! 4 from the prolific bakablonde
      and one from a new member Kestin Stewart.
      http://videos.yuricon.com

      Some minor fixes on "the List" - and we're taking suggestions for more
      names. Check "The List" first to make sure they aren't already listed,
      read the intro carefully, and send along new names to
      anilesbocon01@...! http://www.yuricon.org/list/

      Pre-order links are now up for Yuri Hime 3 (http://www.yuricon.org/
      shop/manga.html#YH), and the new collected manga volumes of Hayashiya
      Shizuru's yuri love comedy "Strawberry Shake Sweet" (http://www.
      yuricon.org/shop/manga.html#SSS) and Morinaga Milk's "Kuchibiru
      Tameiki Sakurairo" (http://www.yuricon.org/shop/manga.html#Kuchi).
      And, thanks to a timely heads up from Erin - we also have a link to
      the new printing of "Maya's Funeral Procession" (http://www.yuricon.
      org/shop/manga.html#Maya) a gothic and depresing early yuri story,
      which has been scanlated by Lililicious.

      Last, but not at all least, we have a brand new feature!

      If you take a look at the home page, or our new News page (http://www.
      yuricon.org/news/), you'll see a little RSS button. If you have a
      newsreader, RSS Feed, Bloglines, or something similar, you can now get
      your Yuri News syndicated. This page will have Yuri news in general as
      well as Yuricon and ALC Publishing news. If you don't have RSS, you
      can still get the news on that page. It'll have more than the News
      sidebar on the homepage.

      There is one caveat you need to be aware of - this is not a dynamic
      RSS feed. It has to be updated by hand. It won't mean anything to you
      if you subscribe, except that you won't get one or two new headlines
      as they update - you'll get the whole page every time it's updated.
      The other downside is that it will be updated as I have a chance. I
      hope to do it at least once a week. Nonetheless, it's a cool new
      feature that allows us to keep on top of yuri-related news in yet
      another way. :-) And if anyone has any experience with XML or RSS and
      would like to assist me to make this a dynamic feed, feel free to
      contact me off-list at anilesbocon01@...

    • Jen
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 8, 2006

        > New've got 5 new AMVs on Yuri Studios!

        Any chance on slapping a small little red text *spoilers* tag under
        any relevant ones? None in mine, but it's a very important detail.

        Unless none of them actually have spoilers. In which case kudos on a
        job done well. You are queen of Nigeria.

        PROM WITH JESSIE~!!!!!!!!!111111ONE111

        Kisses XXOOXX
        Jen
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 8, 2006
          >From: "Jen" <puni@...>
          >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [Yuricon] Re: [WWW]Yuricon site update - new art, AMVs, manga and
          >a new feature!
          >Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2006 22:52:40 -0000
          >
          >--- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "atheniag" <anilesbocon01@h...> wrote:
          > >
          > > New've got 5 new AMVs on Yuri Studios!
          >
          >Any chance on slapping a small little red text *spoilers* tag under
          >any relevant ones? None in mine, but it's a very important detail.

          I'm sorry, but that's a bit beyond me. I can't possibly know what people
          have and haven't seen or what any conceivable person might think is a
          spoiler.

          Since AMVs are typically stories, and IMHO often simply short versions of a
          story spread out over many episodes, it stands to reason they'd often have
          spoilers. I think it's fair to assume that ALL AMVs will have some spoiler
          for someone somewhere. They are watch at your own risk.