Re: Kaleido Star

    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 4, 2006

      > Have I said Happy New Year to everyone? No, well, Happy New Year to
      > everyone!!

      And to you!

      > Anyway, here's some thoughts on this old series we finally got around
      > to watching:
      > Anna and Mia definitely strike me as a couple. Donna, who doesn't
      > wear the yuri goggles, well, at all really, started referring to them
      > as "the lesbians" about halfway through. So, there's clearly
      > something going on there. :-D

      I think it's episode 42 or 43 when the policeman and his girlfriend
      have a public romantic moment. Ken stares wetly at Sora and behind
      Sora's head Anna and Mia lock eyes and google at each other.

      I've never had any doubt about them. :-)

      > I would SO pay money to see any of the Kaleido shows live.

      Any show with Sora and Layla in it, definitely.

      > I keep thinking of
      > how half of the Olympic figure skating pairs end marrying each other,
      > as a sort of template or guide to how a Sora/Layla relationship might
      > develop.
      >
      > More after we get disk 6 in and start on New Wings.

      One or two good moment,s but when you get through the series and watch
      the OVAs, do be sure to watch Legend of Phoenix, Layla Hamilton
      Monogatari, which is FINALLY the episode you'll have been waiting for.
      It's unsubbed at the moment, but so good it made my "best of" anime
      list for 2005 on Okazu. :-)

      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 4, 2006

        > On Jan 3, 2006, at 11:13 PM, qa9999aq wrote:

        > I like like the white on black layout, because black is the color of
        > my soul. ;) I'll change it to something more normal if I get enough
        > complaints.

        Take pity on my poor 40-year-old eyes!

        As my eye doctor actually said the last time I saw him, "You were
        meant to use them for hunting, not staring at a computer for 14 hours
        a day."

      • kun
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 4, 2006
          >> I like like the white on black layout, because black is the color of
          >> my soul. ;) I'll change it to something more normal if I get enough
          >> complaints.
          >
          > Take pity on my poor 40-year-old eyes!
          >
          > As my eye doctor actually said the last time I saw him, "You were
          > meant to use them for hunting, not staring at a computer for 14 hours
          > a day."

          Well, -I- like it Serge =^.^=

          Kelli
        • qa9999aq
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 4, 2006
            > > Take pity on my poor 40-year-old eyes!
            > >

            > Well, -I- like it Serge =^.^=
            >
            > Kelli

            She's only saying that because the Lasik is wearing off and she's
            hoping to snowball us.
            Kelli and her 25 year-old-eyes. Feh.