Black Lagoon ?

  • BlackSkaven
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 30, 2005
      Hi there,

      I wonder what this title is about:

      http://nub.iichan.net/oai/res/9632.html

      Is it just an alternative cover for the Black Lagoon Manga (Vol.4)?

      http://www.blacklagoon.jp/

      Then where do you get it?

      Thanks, ^^

      BlackSkaven
    • mellowrg
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 30, 2005
        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, BlackSkaven <BlackSkaven@g...> wrote:

        > Hi there,
        >
        > I wonder what this title is about:
        >
        > http://nub.iichan.net/oai/res/9632.html
        >
        > Is it just an alternative cover for the Black Lagoon Manga (Vol.4)?
        >
        > http://www.blacklagoon.jp/
        >
        > Then where do you get it?
        >
        > Thanks, ^^
        >
        > BlackSkaven

        LOL. Those are two completely different things.

        The shounen looking BL is about a crass bounty huntress and her gang
        of thugs.
      • esubramanian1@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 30, 2005
          BlackSkaven <BlackSkaven@...> wrote:

          > I wonder what this title is about:
          >
          > http://nub.iichan.net/oai/res/9632.html
          >
          > Is it just an alternative cover for the Black Lagoon Manga (Vol.4)?
          >
          > http://www.blacklagoon.jp/
          >
          > Then where do you get it?

          This was posted to 2chan awhile back. It isn't a real cover for the Black Lagoon manga, and I don't think the fake description on the back has anything to do with the real Black Lagoon--it's a joke cover that, if I remember correctly, came as an extra with some magazine or other.

          Erin
        • BlackSkaven
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 30, 2005
            mellowrg wrote:

            >>I wonder what this title is about:
            >>
            >>http://nub.iichan.net/oai/res/9632.html
            >>
            >>Is it just an alternative cover for the Black Lagoon Manga (Vol.4)?
            >>
            >>http://www.blacklagoon.jp/
            >>
            >>Then where do you get it?

            > LOL. Those are two completely different things.
            >
            > The shounen looking BL is about a crass bounty huntress and her gang
            > of thugs.

            Well - I downloaded the first three chapters from Akatsuki-Manga.

            The left girl on the "shoujo picture" has tattoos like Levy Rock and the
            right one has a burned face like Balalaika from this "shounen looking
            BL". ;)
            This Black Lagoon is the only one that shows up on Amazon Japan as well ...

            BlackSkaven
          • Ashley
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 30, 2005
              I must be the ML's and #lili's unofficial announcer-girl. hehe.

              Aria #10 is up on tokyotosho for those watching this wonderful series. ^_^

              Ashley
            • Adam Jones
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 31, 2005
                On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 01:57:17 -0500, Ashley <dreamingxashley@...>
                wrote:

                > Aria #10 is up on tokyotosho for those watching this wonderful
                > series. ^_^

                Ah yes... the episode with Alicia's peach "soda" ;) (A pity they felt
                they needed to change that, really - it's nice to have a bit more of
                Alicia's mischievous side on show.)

                This one combines a couple of my favourite chapters of the manga. The
                only downside is that it feels a little hurried in comparison, but then
                with a 13 episode series that's not too surprising. And hey, Aika-chan
                is on top form all episode. :)

                (I'm so glad there's a second season in the works.)
                .oO("::handing you the coveted Idiot Gun::" )
              • Ashley
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 31, 2005
                  Adam Jones wrote:

                  > On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 01:57:17 -0500, Ashley <dreamingxashley@...>
                  > wrote:
                  >
                  > > Aria #10 is up on tokyotosho for those watching this wonderful
                  > > series. ^_^
                  >
                  > Ah yes... the episode with Alicia's peach "soda" ;) (A pity they felt
                  > they needed to change that, really - it's nice to have a bit more of
                  > Alicia's mischievous side on show.)
                  >
                  > This one combines a couple of my favourite chapters of the manga. The
                  > only downside is that it feels a little hurried in comparison, but then
                  > with a 13 episode series that's not too surprising. And hey, Aika-chan
                  > is on top form all episode. :)
                  >
                  > (I'm so glad there's a second season in the works.)

                  Yay for season 2!

                  *wipes away tears* Ep 10 is my favourite ep, it was my favourite part in
                  the manga too. I just wished they had not hurried on it though. Next I
                  think they go to island where Akari sees the kitsune wedding. That was
                  my other favourite part. ;3

                  Ashley
                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 31, 2005
                    --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Ashley <dreamingxashley@g...> wrote:

                    > *wipes away tears* Ep 10 is my favourite ep, it was my favourite
                    part in
                    > the manga too. I just wished they had not hurried on it though.

                    I'm partial to Episode 11, when Athena sings at length. :-) I'm such
                    a sap for a beautiful voice singing in Italian....sigh... lol

                    Next I
                    > think they go to island where Akari sees the kitsune wedding. That
                    was
                    > my other favourite part. ;3

                    One of my few complaints about the anime is that they have been
                    focusing more on people than experience. The kitsune wedding was one
                    of my favorite scenes in the manga, but as it's not really about
                    people, I doubt we'll see it. I *hope* they prove me wrong!