Kashimashi

  • Shane M
    Message 1 of 20 , Dec 5, 2005
      So I'm trying to get the first part of the manga from
      the Hashihime torrents, and I kind of can't because
      nobody is seeding, which is kind of a problem. Does
      anybody know if there's someplace where it /is/
      seeded, or where I can download it directly or what?

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Erin Subramanian
      Message 2 of 20 , Dec 5, 2005
        Shane M wrote:

        >So I'm trying to get the first part of the manga from
        >the Hashihime torrents, and I kind of can't because
        >nobody is seeding, which is kind of a problem. Does
        >anybody know if there's someplace where it /is/
        >seeded, or where I can download it directly or what?

        The torrents at http://tracker.manga-ton1x.net/ look like they're being
        seeded, so that might be a good place to try if you haven't yet.

        Erin
      • Syk~
        Message 3 of 20 , Dec 5, 2005
          In case that doesn't work, here's a YSI link-- (volume 1, around 50mb)
          http://s19.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2K4BM46JST3VU0RY1CD5T85130

          Syk~
        • rosepress@aol.com
          Message 4 of 20 , Jul 13, 2006
            Anybody have a copy of the knkf & Doremi version of the 10th episode of Kashimashi? For some reason, this one isn't available except as part of a download of all 12 episodes. Since I have this version for all episodes except 10, I'd just as soon get it by itself.

            (It might be available on irc, but I haven't used that yet, and would prefer not to get involved. Learning another program isn't on my list of things-to-do just for one episode.)

            Swaps of fansub DVDs definitely possible as compensation.

            Ellen Rose
          • Shane

              Message 6 of 20 , Jul 13, 2006
                --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, rosepress@... wrote:

                > Anybody have a copy of the knkf & Doremi version of the 10th episode
                > of Kashimashi? For some reason, this one isn't available except as
                > part of a download of all 12 episodes. Since I have this version
                for > all episodes except 10, I'd just as soon get it by itself.

                Depending on the client you're using (I use Azureus), you can disable
                downloading of all but specific files within a batch torrent. If that
                fails, I do have a copy....

                --
                Susan Davis <futabachan@...>
              • Shawna Jacques
                Message 7 of 20 , Jul 13, 2006
                  If you go to Boxtorrents.com, you can click on the box torrent download of Kashimashi.  Then, if you are using BitLord or BitComet (or something else that allows this) a window will pop up in that program, showing you a checklist of the files in the batch torrent.  You can then select or unselect the one(s) you want.

                  --Shawna

                  On 7/13/06, rosepress@... <rosepress@...> wrote:
                  Anybody have a copy of the knkf & Doremi version of the 10th episode of Kashimashi? For some reason, this one isn't available except as part of a download of all 12 episodes. Since I have this version for all episodes except 10, I'd just as soon get it by itself.

                  (It might be available on irc, but I haven't used that yet, and would prefer not to get involved. Learning another program isn't on my list of things-to-do just for one episode.)

                  Swaps of fansub DVDs definitely possible as compensation.

                  Ellen Rose

                  --
                  --Shawna "Mokona" Jacques
                  Sakuracon 2007 Fan/Cosplay Panel Coordinator
                  Message 8 of 20 , Jul 13, 2006
                    Another thing that you can do with azurius is this plan:

                    start the batch torrent

                    quit azurius

                    replace all the placeholder files with the completed files that you already
                    have.

                    restart azurius

                    then azurius will recognize the files as downloaded and download the missing
                    file.

                    Craig

                    --- rosepress@... wrote:

                    > Anybody have a copy of the knkf & Doremi version of the 10th episode of
                    > Kashimashi? For some reason, this one isn't available except as part of a
                    > download of all 12 episodes. Since I have this version for all episodes
                    > except 10,
                    > I'd just as soon get it by itself.
                    >
                    > (It might be available on irc, but I haven't used that yet, and would prefer
                    >
                    > not to get involved. Learning another program isn't on my list of
                    > things-to-do just for one episode.)
                    >
                    > Swaps of fansub DVDs definitely possible as compensation.
                    >
                    > Ellen Rose

                  • Susan Davis
                    Message 9 of 20 , Jul 13, 2006
                      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Resop <resop2@...> wrote:

                      > Another thing that you can do with azurius is this plan:
                      >
                      > start the batch torrent
                      >
                      > quit azurius
                      >
                      > replace all the placeholder files with the completed files that you
                      > already have.

                      That's a somewhat clunky way to do it. All you really need to do is
                      start up the batch, double click on it to open up the detail tab for
                      the torrent, go to the "Files" tab, and set all the other files to "Do
                      Not Download" priority.

                      --
                      Susan Davis <futabachan@...>
                    • Anna Haapaniemi
                      Message 10 of 20 , Jul 13, 2006
                        Re: [Yuricon] Kashimashi
                        Anybody have a copy of the knkf & Doremi version of the 10th episode of Kashimashi? For some reason, this one isn't available except as part of a download of all 12 episodes. Since I have this version for all episodes except 10, I'd just as soon get it by itself.

                        (It might be available on irc, but I haven't used that yet, and would prefer not to get involved. Learning another program isn't on my list of things-to-do just for one episode.)

                        Swaps of fansub DVDs definitely possible as compensation.

                        Ellen Rose

                        I was having the exact same problem, so thank you everybody for the tips. seems to be working out nicely now, at least for me...

                        *grins*

                        //Anna
                      • rosepress@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 20 , Jul 13, 2006
                          In a message dated 7/13/2006 4:28:42 P.M. Central Standard Time, futabachan@... writes:

                          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups .com, Resop <resop2@...> wrote:

                          > Another thing that you can do with azurius is this plan:
                          >
                          > start the batch torrent
                          >
                          > quit azurius
                          >
                          > replace all the placeholder files with the completed files that you
                          > already have.

                          That's a somewhat clunky way to do it. All you really need to do is
                          start up the batch, double click on it to open up the detail tab for
                          the torrent, go to the "Files" tab, and set all the other files to "Do
                          Not Download" priority.

                          I downloaded Azureus and set it going according to this, and everything seems to be working. Thank you all!

                          Ellen Rose
                        • Susan Davis
                          Message 12 of 20 , Jul 13, 2006
                            --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Shane M <yoarashi01@...> wrote:

                            > So I'm trying to get the first part of the manga from
                            > the Hashihime torrents, and I kind of can't because
                            > nobody is seeding, which is kind of a problem.

                            And there's a reason why not: Kashimashi is licensed now.

                            --
                            Susan Davis <futabachan@...>
                          • poor_mario1
                            Message 13 of 20 , Mar 23, 2008
                              Does Anybody know where I can get volume 3 of the manga Kashimashi -
                              Girl meet Girl. Ive got vol 1&2, and vol 4&5.

                              Ive looked at several Borders, B&N, and Waldens. I've had one on order
                              from Amazon for 2 months now and they just keep pushing back the date.
                              I do not deal with ebay!
                            • Carrie Robertson
                              Message 14 of 20 , Mar 23, 2008
                                It seems to be backordered everywhere.  Discount Anime has it on sale--backordered!
                                http://www.discountanimedvd.com/Product-24781-Anime-Kashimashi-Girl-Meets-Girl-Graphic-Novel-3.asp
                                There are a (very) few Amazon marketplace dealers that seem to have copies.  I've had generally good results with marketplace dealers.  (Definitely different from ebay.)

                                Did you actually check store inventories online for Borders et al.  You can check all the stores in a given area that way, and, if a store in your area has a copy on the shelf, you can call and have them hold it for you.  Yeah, you probably did that.   What about your local comics stores?

                                I checked the gomanga forum (you should probably monitor this.)  According to the Site Admin:

                                Kashimashi is not out of print.
                                Seven Seas is in the process of switching to a new distributor (our new partner Tor/Macmillan), so that is likely why you are having this problem.

                                poor_mario1 wrote:

                                Does Anybody know where I can get volume 3 of the manga Kashimashi -
                                Girl meet Girl. Ive got vol 1&2, and vol 4&5.

                                Ive looked at several Borders, B&N, and Waldens. I've had one on order
                                from Amazon for 2 months now and they just keep pushing back the date.
                                I do not deal with ebay!

                              • Eric
                                Message 15 of 20 , Mar 23, 2008
                                  Try Robert's Anime Corner Store. For some reason the third volume seems
                                  out of stock at Anime Castle and Animenation--Pachy

                                  > poor_mario1 wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > Does Anybody know where I can get volume 3 of the manga Kashimashi -
                                  > > Girl meet Girl. Ive got vol 1&2, and vol 4&5.
                                  > >
                                  > > Ive looked at several Borders, B&N, and Waldens. I've had one on
                                  order
                                  > > from Amazon for 2 months now and they just keep pushing back the
                                  date.
                                  > > I do not deal with ebay!

                                • Johann Chua
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Mar 23, 2008
                                    On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 12:06 AM, poor_mario1 <poor_mario1@...> wrote:
                                    > Does Anybody know where I can get volume 3 of the manga Kashimashi -
                                    > Girl meet Girl. Ive got vol 1&2, and vol 4&5.
                                    >
                                    > Ive looked at several Borders, B&N, and Waldens. I've had one on order
                                    > from Amazon for 2 months now and they just keep pushing back the date.
                                    > I do not deal with ebay!

                                    mycomicshop.com seems to have it in stock:

                                    http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=12932551

                                    If you have a local comic shop, it never hurts to check if they have
                                    manga. Might even be easier to get re-orders through them than from a
                                    bookstore.
                                  • kieliran
                                    Message 17 of 20 , Mar 24, 2008
                                      I tend to use JustManga (http://www.justmanga.com). They ship
                                      quickly, usually have what I want in stock and send cool little gifts
                                      to you as a customer thank-you.

                                      Kieli
                                    • poor_mario1
                                      Message 18 of 20 , Mar 24, 2008
                                        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "kieliran" <kieliran@...> wrote:

                                        > I tend to use JustManga (http://www.justmanga.com). They ship
                                        > quickly, usually have what I want in stock and send cool little gifts
                                        > to you as a customer thank-you.
                                        >
                                        > Kieli

                                        they are on backorder as well >_<
                                      • kieliran
                                        Message 19 of 20 , Mar 25, 2008
                                          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "poor_mario1" <poor_mario1@...> wrote:

                                          > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "kieliran" <kieliran@> wrote:
                                          > >
                                          > > I tend to use JustManga (http://www.justmanga.com). They ship
                                          > > quickly, usually have what I want in stock and send cool little gifts
                                          > > to you as a customer thank-you.
                                          > >
                                          > > Kieli
                                          > >

                                          > they are on backorder as well >_<

                                          There IS always Ebay, uou know -_-
                                          Message 20 of 20 , Mar 25, 2008
                                            Just so happens that there was a news item about Seven Seas' books
                                            in today's Mangablog (http://www.mangablog.net):

                                            "Tiamat's Disciple had trouble finding Seven Seas titles, so he e-
                                            mailed the company and got an interesting explanation: They switched
                                            distributors from Diamond to Tor/Macmillan, and Diamond wouldn't let
                                            go of their backlist stock until the end of February. TD is in the
                                            UK, but I'm wondering if that problem affected the US as well. FWIW,
                                            I was in Borders on Sunday and saw several Seven Seas titles."

                                            So, that's probably why you're having some trouble finding it. So,
                                            your choices right now are - check out local book stores and see if
                                            they have it on the shelves (an activity that will also get you out
                                            of the house and might help you discover some *other* titles of
                                            interest, too, so it's a good idea all around) or just hold on and
                                            wait a month or so, until the distribution issue clears. Patience is
                                            also a virtue, so again, it will be good for you. :-)

                                            Hungry for Yuri? Have some Okazu!
                                            http://okazu.blogspot.com