new Lililicious releases - Water one-shots

  • Erin Subramanian
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 3, 2005
      Tonight's releases are from a collection of one-shots by Nananan Kiriko,
      Water. Nananan has also done a longer yuri work, Blue, which is
      available in English from Fanfare/Ponent Mon (it's also available in
      Spanish from Ponent Mon, and in French from Casterman; the version
      listed at amazon.com is the Spanish one). Blue has been reviewed at
      Okazu, if you want more info on it:
      http://okazu.blogspot.com/2004/05/before-i-write-todays-review-i-just.html
      (linking directly to the entry, since search doesn't always work correctly).

      The first yuri story from Water, "color color," is about two characters
      who think they probably shouldn't be together but are anyway. The title
      relates to the concept of "boy colors" and "girl colors," which is also
      a focus of the story.
      In the other, "kisses," a friend comes to stay with the main character,
      not knowing she's in love with her.

      As always, the releases can be downloaded in the channel on irc
      (http://www.lililicious.net ).
    • Jen
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 5, 2005
        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Erin Subramanian <esubramanian1@c...>
        wrote:

        > The first yuri story from Water, "color color," is about two
        characters who think they probably shouldn't be together but are anyway.

        Twats is what they are.

        "Are we doing the wrong thing? We're doing the wrong thing, aren't
        we, etc"

        Hey, if they keep downing themselves because doing the "wrong thing"
        is adding a taboo thrill to the relationship, I say have a blast.
        BUT, if what I think in my head is true (Oh how could it not?),
        they're just beating themselves with the "Unnatural" stick, to which I
        say STFU and enjoy the goddamn date.

        Yuri books are all well and good, but it's a kick in the war-womb to
        have your enjoyment ruined by disagreeable content. Kinda like
        getting to the end of a damn funny Ichigo Mashimaro book, then seeing
        the "A Manga full of girls for boys" disclaimer at the end. Grrrrr...
        8_______8

        Kisses XXOOXX
        Jen