Re: [Yuricon] Mai Otome 9 SPOILERS

  • Ashara Nymeros
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 2, 2005
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Chalcahuite
      To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, December 02, 2005 4:17 PM
      Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Mai Otome 9 SPOILERS

      On Dec 2, 2005, at 2:21 AM, mellowrg wrote:

      >>However this time they actually get to relax since they're the
      >>examiners, which leads to Shizuru rubbing oil on Natsuki and then some...

      >Clearly the high point of the series. It's only downhill from here.

      Oh but it was so worth it.

      >>which leads them to getting lost.. even worse, Erstin is bitten by a
      >>snake, and starts to develop a fever.

      >This is a survival test and nobody has any anti-venom? or signal flares? I
      blame the writers. Bad writers, bad!

      I kept expecting Arika to push Erstin on her back and sucking the poison
      from the wound. Of course in the same sense that I keep expecting Shizuru
      to throw Natsuki down onto the floor and have her way with her...

      Personally I think the series is headed in a decent direction where it might
      not be fantastically wonderful, but it's not terribly either. I wasn't too
      hopeful after the tentacle episode which I thought was absurd and a waste of
      time. However, awesome battles in the next episode do so very much perk my
      interest. And I will keep watching in hopes we one day get to see Natsuki
      in her robe.

      --- Ashara, Shameless Fangirl
    • mellowrg
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 2, 2005

        > > which leads them to getting lost.. even worse, Erstin is bitten by a
        > > snake, and starts to develop a fever.
        >
        > This is a survival test and nobody has any anti-venom? or signal
        > flares? I blame the writers. Bad writers, bad!

        Erstin explains that the nanomachines in their body combat that
        somehow, but I guess she's just not strong enough to began with.
      • Chalcahuite
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 3, 2005
          On Dec 2, 2005, at 7:13 PM, mellowrg wrote:

          which leads them to getting lost.. even worse, Erstin is bitten by a
          snake, and starts to develop a fever.

          This is a survival test and nobody has any anti-venom? or signal
          flares? I blame the writers. Bad writers, bad!

          Erstin explains that the nanomachines in their body combat that
          somehow, but I guess she's just not strong enough to began with.

          Hmmmm. Still doesn't excuse the lack of emergency backup, but it's quite possible Erstin's fever is a sign of the nanomachines working to repair the damage to her body. (If I'm remembering how they work correctly.)  In which case, her chances of survival just went up, provided of course her fever doesn't go above what her body can handle.

          -==-

          Serge

          http://ximatl.blogspot.com

        • mellowrg
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 3, 2005

            > >> This is a survival test and nobody has any anti-venom? or signal
            > >> flares? I blame the writers. Bad writers, bad!
            > >>

            > > Erstin explains that the nanomachines in their body combat that
            > > somehow, but I guess she's just not strong enough to began with.
            >

            > Hmmmm. Still doesn't excuse the lack of emergency backup, but it's
            > quite possible Erstin's fever is a sign of the nanomachines working
            > to repair the damage to her body. (If I'm remembering how they work
            > correctly.) In which case, her chances of survival just went up,
            > provided of course her fever doesn't go above what her body can handle.
            >
            > -==-
            > Serge
            > http://ximatl.blogspot.com

            Well, I think it's part of the exam. They're not allowed to bring food
            or water, much less medicine. The emergency backup is the "I give up"
            button, which means they'll save you, but you'll fail the test.
          • Ran Anxiang
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 4, 2005

              mellowrg <mellowrg@...> wrote:
              --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Chalcahuite wrote:

              > >> This is a survival test and nobody has any anti-venom? or signal
              > >> flares? I blame the writers. Bad writers, bad!
              > >>

              > > Erstin explains that the nanomachines in their body combat that
              > > somehow, but I guess she's just not strong enough to began with.
              >

              > Hmmmm. Still doesn't excuse the lack of emergency backup, but it's
              > quite possible Erstin's fever is a sign of the nanomachines working
              > to repair the damage to her body. (If I'm remembering how they work
              > correctly.) In which case, her chances of survival just went up,
              > provided of course her fever doesn't go above what her body can handle.
              >
              > -==-
              > Serge
              > http://ximatl.blogspot.com

              Well, I think it's part of the exam. They're not allowed to bring food
              or water, much less medicine. The emergency backup is the "I give up"
              button, which means they'll save you, but you'll fail the test.

              I just got done watching a subbed version of the ep, and when they're making camp Erstin comments that she's "already administered the antibodies" to Arika.  I wonder if perhaps their back-up emergency medicine *was* tampered with...

              Anxiang

              http://us.click.yahoo.com/7zgKlB/dnQLAA/Zx0JAA/cGIolB/TM

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/