Re: [Yuricon] Mai Otome 9 SPOILERS

  • Chalcahuite
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 2, 2005

      On Dec 2, 2005, at 2:21 AM, mellowrg wrote:

      Either this show is getting better with each episode or I'm watching a lot of a crap. (More than usual, I mean.)

      Thanks to Mellowrg for the write up again.

      To Aeris we will go~
      To Aeris we will go~
      Hi ho, a merry 'o
      To Aeris we will go~

      Class field trip episode, except it's actually a survival exam where
      the class is divided into teams of two.

      Acompanying the gang are the Trias Pearls who there to help hara....
      err.. grade the underclassmen. Shiho in particular, plans to use this
      chance to destroy what's left of Arika's already not so stellar
      academic record.

      Other notable names included Mashiro (and thus Aoi) who was more or
      less bored, Nagi (and thus Sergei) who is scheming something as usual,
      John Smith, and Kazu-kun, the car otaku who is revealed to be from
      Kardea.. dun.. dun.. dun...

      Oh good, I wasn't mishearing things when Sergey said that. Interesting development indeed, a little R+J anyone? or will they actually go in different direction.

      Miss Principal meets up with President Yukino to thank her for letting
      use Aeris territory for the exam. It brings back some memories...

      Natsuki took the exam years ago, but she flunked it. She blames it on
      "that person", though. (probably Mai)

      Likewise Haruka was paired with Shizuru years ago. According to Haruka
      bubuzuke did nothing but slack. Sounds like her alright.

      Why spend any extra effort when clearly Haruka was working enough for the both of them?

      However this time they actually get to relax since they're the
      examiners, which leads to Shizuru rubbing oil on Natsuki and then some...

      Clearly the high point of the series. It's only downhill from here.

      As for the current generation of exam takers..

      Arika is paired with Er(otic)stin. Arika sucks at cooking. Erstin's
      not very athletic. They hope they can conpensate each other's
      weakness, somehow...

      Poor Erstin, forever doomed to be fanservice fodder.

      Nina is paired with Tomoe, who by the way, is still obessesed with
      Shizuru. Which Nina took note of. Tomoe is going to flip out one day,
      kidnap Shizuru and do naughty things to her... hopefully... because
      that would be twisted karmic humor, but for the meantime she'll just
      make do with sabotaging Arika and Erstin's compass and tracking devices...

      That might be interesting. Especially, if it gets ShizNat officially canonized, as it were. Otherwise, I'm not all that thrilled about the potential turnabout.

      which leads them to getting lost.. even worse, Erstin is bitten by a
      snake, and starts to develop a fever.

      This is a survival test and nobody has any anti-venom? or signal flares? I blame the writers. Bad writers, bad!

      To be continued.

      Next episode... Midori vs Haruka.

      Yes!

      Rade vs Shizuru.

      Yes!

      Sergei does the
      body heat thing on naked Arika while Nina panics over daddy dearest.

      Eh.

       Furthermore, we practically have everyone except for Miyu and the
      Argos Empire in that location.. I hope something... explosive comes
      out of this

      I predict someone will be offed in the next episode... either
      1) Kazu-kun
      2) Erstin
      3) Yukino

      Yeah, we're overdue for our reminder of the stakes in all of this.  Someone needs to be made an example.  Since they revealed Kazuya to be from Kardea this past episode, I think the payoff for that bit of info may happen a little later. Erstin is a good choice, if only because Arika will need to be rescued and restored to health before she can say where she left her, if they don't find her.  Defeating Haruka and Yukino would be a rather bold statement to make this early. Technically Haruka and Yukino are secondary characters, but they have MH baggage and a certain amount of popularity, so I'm not sure they'll go that route. Unless they decide to do what they used to do on ST:TNG to Worf. Show how strong an enemy is by having them beat the crap out of your strongest guy.

      Some other comments.

      Someone needs to be shot over Aoi's swimsuit. And I didn't like that ruffle accent on Haruka's either.

      Needed more Chie pimpin'.

      Needed more Chie and Aoi interaction.

      Sentai villains still talk too much

      More later
    • Ashara Nymeros
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 2, 2005
        On Dec 2, 2005, at 2:21 AM, mellowrg wrote:

        >>However this time they actually get to relax since they're the
        >>examiners, which leads to Shizuru rubbing oil on Natsuki and then some...

        >Clearly the high point of the series. It's only downhill from here.

        Oh but it was so worth it.

        >>which leads them to getting lost.. even worse, Erstin is bitten by a
        >>snake, and starts to develop a fever.

        >This is a survival test and nobody has any anti-venom? or signal flares? I
        blame the writers. Bad writers, bad!

        I kept expecting Arika to push Erstin on her back and sucking the poison
        from the wound. Of course in the same sense that I keep expecting Shizuru
        to throw Natsuki down onto the floor and have her way with her...

        Personally I think the series is headed in a decent direction where it might
        not be fantastically wonderful, but it's not terribly either. I wasn't too
        hopeful after the tentacle episode which I thought was absurd and a waste of
        time. However, awesome battles in the next episode do so very much perk my
        interest. And I will keep watching in hopes we one day get to see Natsuki
        in her robe.

        --- Ashara, Shameless Fangirl
      • mellowrg
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 2, 2005

          > > which leads them to getting lost.. even worse, Erstin is bitten by a
          > > snake, and starts to develop a fever.
          >
          > This is a survival test and nobody has any anti-venom? or signal
          > flares? I blame the writers. Bad writers, bad!

          Erstin explains that the nanomachines in their body combat that
          somehow, but I guess she's just not strong enough to began with.
        • Chalcahuite
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 3, 2005
            On Dec 2, 2005, at 7:13 PM, mellowrg wrote:

            which leads them to getting lost.. even worse, Erstin is bitten by a
            snake, and starts to develop a fever.

            This is a survival test and nobody has any anti-venom? or signal
            flares? I blame the writers. Bad writers, bad!

            Erstin explains that the nanomachines in their body combat that
            somehow, but I guess she's just not strong enough to began with.

            Hmmmm. Still doesn't excuse the lack of emergency backup, but it's quite possible Erstin's fever is a sign of the nanomachines working to repair the damage to her body. (If I'm remembering how they work correctly.)  In which case, her chances of survival just went up, provided of course her fever doesn't go above what her body can handle.

            -==-

            Serge

            http://ximatl.blogspot.com

          • mellowrg
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 3, 2005

              > >> This is a survival test and nobody has any anti-venom? or signal
              > >> flares? I blame the writers. Bad writers, bad!
              > >>

              > > Erstin explains that the nanomachines in their body combat that
              > > somehow, but I guess she's just not strong enough to began with.
              >

              > Hmmmm. Still doesn't excuse the lack of emergency backup, but it's
              > quite possible Erstin's fever is a sign of the nanomachines working
              > to repair the damage to her body. (If I'm remembering how they work
              > correctly.) In which case, her chances of survival just went up,
              > provided of course her fever doesn't go above what her body can handle.
              >
              > -==-
              > Serge
              > http://ximatl.blogspot.com

              Well, I think it's part of the exam. They're not allowed to bring food
              or water, much less medicine. The emergency backup is the "I give up"
              button, which means they'll save you, but you'll fail the test.
            • Ran Anxiang
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 4, 2005

                mellowrg <mellowrg@...> wrote:
                --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Chalcahuite wrote:

                > >> This is a survival test and nobody has any anti-venom? or signal
                > >> flares? I blame the writers. Bad writers, bad!
                > >>

                > > Erstin explains that the nanomachines in their body combat that
                > > somehow, but I guess she's just not strong enough to began with.
                >

                > Hmmmm. Still doesn't excuse the lack of emergency backup, but it's
                > quite possible Erstin's fever is a sign of the nanomachines working
                > to repair the damage to her body. (If I'm remembering how they work
                > correctly.) In which case, her chances of survival just went up,
                > provided of course her fever doesn't go above what her body can handle.
                >
                > -==-
                > Serge
                > http://ximatl.blogspot.com

                Well, I think it's part of the exam. They're not allowed to bring food
                or water, much less medicine. The emergency backup is the "I give up"
                button, which means they'll save you, but you'll fail the test.

                I just got done watching a subbed version of the ep, and when they're making camp Erstin comments that she's "already administered the antibodies" to Arika.  I wonder if perhaps their back-up emergency medicine *was* tampered with...

                Anxiang

                http://us.click.yahoo.com/7zgKlB/dnQLAA/Zx0JAA/cGIolB/TM

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/