Mai Otome 9 SPOILERS

  • mellowrg
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 1, 2005

      To Aeris we will go~
      Hi ho, a merry 'o
      To Aeris we will go~

      Class field trip episode, except it's actually a survival exam where
      the class is divided into teams of two.

      Acompanying the gang are the Trias Pearls who there to help hara....
      err.. grade the underclassmen. Shiho in particular, plans to use this
      chance to destroy what's left of Arika's already not so stellar
      academic record.

      Other notable names included Mashiro (and thus Aoi) who was more or
      less bored, Nagi (and thus Sergei) who is scheming something as usual,
      John Smith, and Kazu-kun, the car otaku who is revealed to be from
      Kardea.. dun.. dun.. dun...

      Miss Principal meets up with President Yukino to thank her for letting
      use Aeris territory for the exam. It brings back some memories...

      Natsuki took the exam years ago, but she flunked it. She blames it on
      "that person", though. (probably Mai)

      Likewise Haruka was paired with Shizuru years ago. According to Haruka
      bubuzuke did nothing but slack. Sounds like her alright.

      However this time they actually get to relax since they're the
      examiners, which leads to Shizuru rubbing oil on Natsuki and then some...

      As for the current generation of exam takers..

      Arika is paired with Er(otic)stin. Arika sucks at cooking. Erstin's
      not very athletic. They hope they can conpensate each other's
      weakness, somehow...

      Irina is paired with Miya. Irina is apparently from Aeris, the country
      where this exam is taking place. However, despite all of that, she
      still manages to get lost.

      Nina is paired with Tomoe, who by the way, is still obessesed with
      Shizuru. Which Nina took note of. Tomoe is going to flip out one day,
      kidnap Shizuru and do naughty things to her... hopefully... because
      that would be twisted karmic humor, but for the meantime she'll just
      make do with sabotaging Arika and Erstin's compass and tracking devices...

      which leads them to getting lost.. even worse, Erstin is bitten by a
      snake, and starts to develop a fever. Perhaps as result of the fever,
      Erstin confesses to Arika that she was never really serious about
      being an otome. However, she'll do her best since Arika herself is
      serious about being an otome and she doesn't want to drag Arika down.
      Eventually Erstin breaks down and cries, but Arika goes mother goose
      on her with her lulaby. Sweet, yet awkward. That's Arika for you.
      However, with Erstin's worsening condition and their broken SOS
      devices, Arika has no choice but to seek for help manually.

      Elsewhere, Midori and her sentai have arrived as per their
      conversation with Ze Emperor of Kardea last episode. They scatter
      under the infamous shine of the blue star.

      ...and eventually Arika runs into one of them, a tall slender cyborg
      who talks like a crossdresser... Arika tries to reason, but that only
      makes the Aswad cyborg even more merciless. The cyborg attacks and
      Arika falls into the sea.

      To be continued.

      Next episode... Midori vs Haruka. Rade vs Shizuru. Sergei does the
      body heat thing on naked Arika while Nina panics over daddy dearest.
      Furthermore, we practically have everyone except for Miyu and the
      Argos Empire in that location.. I hope something... explosive comes
      out of this

      I predict someone will be offed in the next episode... either
      1) Kazu-kun
      2) Erstin
      3) Yukino
    • Chalcahuite
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 2, 2005

        On Dec 2, 2005, at 2:21 AM, mellowrg wrote:

        Either this show is getting better with each episode or I'm watching a lot of a crap. (More than usual, I mean.)

        Thanks to Mellowrg for the write up again.

        To Aeris we will go~
        To Aeris we will go~
        Hi ho, a merry 'o
        To Aeris we will go~

        Class field trip episode, except it's actually a survival exam where
        the class is divided into teams of two.

        Acompanying the gang are the Trias Pearls who there to help hara....
        err.. grade the underclassmen. Shiho in particular, plans to use this
        chance to destroy what's left of Arika's already not so stellar
        academic record.

        Other notable names included Mashiro (and thus Aoi) who was more or
        less bored, Nagi (and thus Sergei) who is scheming something as usual,
        John Smith, and Kazu-kun, the car otaku who is revealed to be from
        Kardea.. dun.. dun.. dun...

        Oh good, I wasn't mishearing things when Sergey said that. Interesting development indeed, a little R+J anyone? or will they actually go in different direction.

        Miss Principal meets up with President Yukino to thank her for letting
        use Aeris territory for the exam. It brings back some memories...

        Natsuki took the exam years ago, but she flunked it. She blames it on
        "that person", though. (probably Mai)

        Likewise Haruka was paired with Shizuru years ago. According to Haruka
        bubuzuke did nothing but slack. Sounds like her alright.

        Why spend any extra effort when clearly Haruka was working enough for the both of them?

        However this time they actually get to relax since they're the
        examiners, which leads to Shizuru rubbing oil on Natsuki and then some...

        Clearly the high point of the series. It's only downhill from here.

        As for the current generation of exam takers..

        Arika is paired with Er(otic)stin. Arika sucks at cooking. Erstin's
        not very athletic. They hope they can conpensate each other's
        weakness, somehow...

        Poor Erstin, forever doomed to be fanservice fodder.

        Nina is paired with Tomoe, who by the way, is still obessesed with
        Shizuru. Which Nina took note of. Tomoe is going to flip out one day,
        kidnap Shizuru and do naughty things to her... hopefully... because
        that would be twisted karmic humor, but for the meantime she'll just
        make do with sabotaging Arika and Erstin's compass and tracking devices...

        That might be interesting. Especially, if it gets ShizNat officially canonized, as it were. Otherwise, I'm not all that thrilled about the potential turnabout.

        which leads them to getting lost.. even worse, Erstin is bitten by a
        snake, and starts to develop a fever.

        This is a survival test and nobody has any anti-venom? or signal flares? I blame the writers. Bad writers, bad!

        To be continued.

        Next episode... Midori vs Haruka.

        Yes!

        Rade vs Shizuru.

        Yes!

        Sergei does the
        body heat thing on naked Arika while Nina panics over daddy dearest.

        Eh.

         Furthermore, we practically have everyone except for Miyu and the
        Argos Empire in that location.. I hope something... explosive comes
        out of this

        I predict someone will be offed in the next episode... either
        1) Kazu-kun
        2) Erstin
        3) Yukino

        Yeah, we're overdue for our reminder of the stakes in all of this.  Someone needs to be made an example.  Since they revealed Kazuya to be from Kardea this past episode, I think the payoff for that bit of info may happen a little later. Erstin is a good choice, if only because Arika will need to be rescued and restored to health before she can say where she left her, if they don't find her.  Defeating Haruka and Yukino would be a rather bold statement to make this early. Technically Haruka and Yukino are secondary characters, but they have MH baggage and a certain amount of popularity, so I'm not sure they'll go that route. Unless they decide to do what they used to do on ST:TNG to Worf. Show how strong an enemy is by having them beat the crap out of your strongest guy.

        Some other comments.

        Someone needs to be shot over Aoi's swimsuit. And I didn't like that ruffle accent on Haruka's either.

        Needed more Chie pimpin'.

        Needed more Chie and Aoi interaction.

        Sentai villains still talk too much

        More later
      • Ashara Nymeros
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 2, 2005
          On Dec 2, 2005, at 2:21 AM, mellowrg wrote:

          >>However this time they actually get to relax since they're the
          >>examiners, which leads to Shizuru rubbing oil on Natsuki and then some...

          >Clearly the high point of the series. It's only downhill from here.

          Oh but it was so worth it.

          >>which leads them to getting lost.. even worse, Erstin is bitten by a
          >>snake, and starts to develop a fever.

          >This is a survival test and nobody has any anti-venom? or signal flares? I
          blame the writers. Bad writers, bad!

          I kept expecting Arika to push Erstin on her back and sucking the poison
          from the wound. Of course in the same sense that I keep expecting Shizuru
          to throw Natsuki down onto the floor and have her way with her...

          Personally I think the series is headed in a decent direction where it might
          not be fantastically wonderful, but it's not terribly either. I wasn't too
          hopeful after the tentacle episode which I thought was absurd and a waste of
          time. However, awesome battles in the next episode do so very much perk my
          interest. And I will keep watching in hopes we one day get to see Natsuki
          in her robe.

          --- Ashara, Shameless Fangirl
        • mellowrg
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 2, 2005

            > > which leads them to getting lost.. even worse, Erstin is bitten by a
            > > snake, and starts to develop a fever.
            >
            > This is a survival test and nobody has any anti-venom? or signal
            > flares? I blame the writers. Bad writers, bad!

            Erstin explains that the nanomachines in their body combat that
            somehow, but I guess she's just not strong enough to began with.
          • Chalcahuite
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 3, 2005
              On Dec 2, 2005, at 7:13 PM, mellowrg wrote:

              which leads them to getting lost.. even worse, Erstin is bitten by a
              snake, and starts to develop a fever.

              This is a survival test and nobody has any anti-venom? or signal
              flares? I blame the writers. Bad writers, bad!

              Erstin explains that the nanomachines in their body combat that
              somehow, but I guess she's just not strong enough to began with.

              Hmmmm. Still doesn't excuse the lack of emergency backup, but it's quite possible Erstin's fever is a sign of the nanomachines working to repair the damage to her body. (If I'm remembering how they work correctly.)  In which case, her chances of survival just went up, provided of course her fever doesn't go above what her body can handle.

              -==-

              Serge

              http://ximatl.blogspot.com

            • mellowrg
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 3, 2005

                > >> This is a survival test and nobody has any anti-venom? or signal
                > >> flares? I blame the writers. Bad writers, bad!
                > >>

                > > Erstin explains that the nanomachines in their body combat that
                > > somehow, but I guess she's just not strong enough to began with.
                >

                > Hmmmm. Still doesn't excuse the lack of emergency backup, but it's
                > quite possible Erstin's fever is a sign of the nanomachines working
                > to repair the damage to her body. (If I'm remembering how they work
                > correctly.) In which case, her chances of survival just went up,
                > provided of course her fever doesn't go above what her body can handle.
                >
                > -==-
                > Serge
                > http://ximatl.blogspot.com

                Well, I think it's part of the exam. They're not allowed to bring food
                or water, much less medicine. The emergency backup is the "I give up"
                button, which means they'll save you, but you'll fail the test.
              • Ran Anxiang
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 4, 2005

                  mellowrg <mellowrg@...> wrote:
                  --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Chalcahuite wrote:

                  > >> This is a survival test and nobody has any anti-venom? or signal
                  > >> flares? I blame the writers. Bad writers, bad!
                  > >>

                  > > Erstin explains that the nanomachines in their body combat that
                  > > somehow, but I guess she's just not strong enough to began with.
                  >

                  > Hmmmm. Still doesn't excuse the lack of emergency backup, but it's
                  > quite possible Erstin's fever is a sign of the nanomachines working
                  > to repair the damage to her body. (If I'm remembering how they work
                  > correctly.) In which case, her chances of survival just went up,
                  > provided of course her fever doesn't go above what her body can handle.
                  >
                  > -==-
                  > Serge
                  > http://ximatl.blogspot.com

                  Well, I think it's part of the exam. They're not allowed to bring food
                  or water, much less medicine. The emergency backup is the "I give up"
                  button, which means they'll save you, but you'll fail the test.

                  I just got done watching a subbed version of the ep, and when they're making camp Erstin comments that she's "already administered the antibodies" to Arika.  I wonder if perhaps their back-up emergency medicine *was* tampered with...

                  Anxiang

                  http://us.click.yahoo.com/7zgKlB/dnQLAA/Zx0JAA/cGIolB/TM

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/