Re: [Yuricon] Re: Rose of Versailles and Takarzuka

  • Ashley
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 3, 2005
      redadmiral66 wrote:

      > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "atheniag" <anilesbocon01@h...>
      > wrote:
      >

      > > Japanese kids are horrifically adorable, as you know. I think
      > that's
      > > why their parents don't beat them senseless when they whine.
      > >
      > > Cheers,
      > >
      > > Erica
      > >

      > Seconded. You don't know the true meaning of 'cute' until you've
      > spent time with Japanese elementary school kids on their lunch
      > break. Of course, you also don't know the true meaning of having 25
      > semi-wild animals clamber all over you, shouting unintelligibly,
      > until you've spent time with Japanese elementary school kids on
      > their lunch break.
      >
      > I think there's some sort of law that the cheekier they are, the
      > more adorable they are too - it's like some kind of evolved defence
      > mechanism. :)

      The way that Outpost guy relates you have to go to school wearing a
      chastity belt to protect yourself from kanchoing.XD But I agree about
      them being "horrifically adorable" though. hehe

      Ashley
    • rosepress@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 3, 2005
        In a message dated 11/3/2005 5:15:48 PM Central Standard Time, redadmiralgorshkov@... writes:

        Of course, you also don't know the true meaning of having 25
        semi-wild animals clamber all over you, shouting unintelligibly,
        until you've spent time with Japanese elementary school kids on
        their lunch break.

        I don't know about that - I used to work at the Science Museum of Minnesota. Had kids all over the place, and they were my job. Godawlmighty, when you have a whole classroom of kids, just bussed to the museum, surrounded by another ten classrooms of kids in equal disarray ....

        Ellen Rose