Re: Rose of Versailles and Takarzuka

  • redadmiral66
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 3, 2005
      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "atheniag" <anilesbocon01@h...>
      wrote:

      > Japanese kids are horrifically adorable, as you know. I think
      that's
      > why their parents don't beat them senseless when they whine.

      Seconded. You don't know the true meaning of 'cute' until you've
      spent time with Japanese elementary school kids on their lunch
      break. Of course, you also don't know the true meaning of having 25
      semi-wild animals clamber all over you, shouting unintelligibly,
      until you've spent time with Japanese elementary school kids on
      their lunch break.

      I think there's some sort of law that the cheekier they are, the
      more adorable they are too - it's like some kind of evolved defence
      mechanism. :)
    • Ashley
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 3, 2005
        redadmiral66 wrote:

        > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "atheniag" <anilesbocon01@h...>
        > wrote:
        >

        > > Japanese kids are horrifically adorable, as you know. I think
        > that's
        > > why their parents don't beat them senseless when they whine.
        > >
        > > Cheers,
        > >
        > > Erica
        > >

        > Seconded. You don't know the true meaning of 'cute' until you've
        > spent time with Japanese elementary school kids on their lunch
        > break. Of course, you also don't know the true meaning of having 25
        > semi-wild animals clamber all over you, shouting unintelligibly,
        > until you've spent time with Japanese elementary school kids on
        > their lunch break.
        >
        > I think there's some sort of law that the cheekier they are, the
        > more adorable they are too - it's like some kind of evolved defence
        > mechanism. :)

        The way that Outpost guy relates you have to go to school wearing a
        chastity belt to protect yourself from kanchoing.XD But I agree about
        them being "horrifically adorable" though. hehe

        Ashley
      • rosepress@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 3, 2005
          In a message dated 11/3/2005 5:15:48 PM Central Standard Time, redadmiralgorshkov@... writes:

          Of course, you also don't know the true meaning of having 25
          semi-wild animals clamber all over you, shouting unintelligibly,
          until you've spent time with Japanese elementary school kids on
          their lunch break.

          I don't know about that - I used to work at the Science Museum of Minnesota. Had kids all over the place, and they were my job. Godawlmighty, when you have a whole classroom of kids, just bussed to the museum, surrounded by another ten classrooms of kids in equal disarray ....

          Ellen Rose