Re: [Yuricon] Rose of Versailles and Takarzuka

  • Chalcahuite
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 3, 2005

      From: Chalcahuite <ximatl@...>
      Subject: [Yuricon] Rose of Versailles and Takarzuka
      Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 13:14:39 -0500

      Damn it! We went a year too early.

      LOL You beat me to the punch.

      Finally! Score one for me. ;)

      I'm going to have to suck up to Rica and see
      if she can score any good RoV crap for me. :-)

      I'm jealous already.

      That's it. I'm hitting the lottery and moving over there. It's too stressful
      not to have immediate access to these things. Hell, if I lose my job, as
      seems likely, maybe it'll be a good time to sell my house and join the JET
      program. LOL

      I look forward to seeing your blog entries about how horrible Japanese kids are. ;)

      -==-

      Serge

      http://ximatl.blogspot.com

      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 3, 2005

        > On Nov 3, 2005, at 1:28 PM, Erica Friedman wrote:
        >
        > >> From: Chalcahuite <ximatl@i...>
        > >> To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
        > >> Subject: [Yuricon] Rose of Versailles and Takarzuka
        > >> Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 13:14:39 -0500
        > >>
        > >> Damn it! We went a year too early.
        > >>
        > >> http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=7733
        > >
        > > LOL You beat me to the punch.
        >
        > Finally! Score one for me. ;)

        You know, I'm really glad we got to see "Elizabeth" thogh. I mean, RoV
        is so...done. And ifit's the same one I have on tape, then "Elizabeth
        was FAR superior in every way but one.

        > > That's it. I'm hitting the lottery and moving over there. It's too
        > > stressful
        > > not to have immediate access to these things. Hell, if I lose my
        > > job, as
        > > seems likely, maybe it'll be a good time to sell my house and join
        > > the JET
        > > program. LOL
        >
        > I look forward to seeing your blog entries about how horrible
        > Japanese kids are. ;)

        Japanese kids are horrifically adorable, as you know. I think that's
        why their parents don't beat them senseless when they whine.

      • redadmiral66
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 3, 2005
          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "atheniag" <anilesbocon01@h...>
          wrote:

          > Japanese kids are horrifically adorable, as you know. I think
          that's
          > why their parents don't beat them senseless when they whine.

          Seconded. You don't know the true meaning of 'cute' until you've
          spent time with Japanese elementary school kids on their lunch
          break. Of course, you also don't know the true meaning of having 25
          semi-wild animals clamber all over you, shouting unintelligibly,
          until you've spent time with Japanese elementary school kids on
          their lunch break.

          I think there's some sort of law that the cheekier they are, the
          more adorable they are too - it's like some kind of evolved defence
          mechanism. :)
        • Ashley
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 3, 2005
            redadmiral66 wrote:

            > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "atheniag" <anilesbocon01@h...>
            > wrote:
            >

            > > Japanese kids are horrifically adorable, as you know. I think
            > that's
            > > why their parents don't beat them senseless when they whine.
            > >
            > > Cheers,
            > >
            > > Erica
            > >

            > Seconded. You don't know the true meaning of 'cute' until you've
            > spent time with Japanese elementary school kids on their lunch
            > break. Of course, you also don't know the true meaning of having 25
            > semi-wild animals clamber all over you, shouting unintelligibly,
            > until you've spent time with Japanese elementary school kids on
            > their lunch break.
            >
            > I think there's some sort of law that the cheekier they are, the
            > more adorable they are too - it's like some kind of evolved defence
            > mechanism. :)

            The way that Outpost guy relates you have to go to school wearing a
            chastity belt to protect yourself from kanchoing.XD But I agree about
            them being "horrifically adorable" though. hehe

            Ashley
          • rosepress@aol.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 3, 2005
              In a message dated 11/3/2005 5:15:48 PM Central Standard Time, redadmiralgorshkov@... writes:

              Of course, you also don't know the true meaning of having 25
              semi-wild animals clamber all over you, shouting unintelligibly,
              until you've spent time with Japanese elementary school kids on
              their lunch break.

              I don't know about that - I used to work at the Science Museum of Minnesota. Had kids all over the place, and they were my job. Godawlmighty, when you have a whole classroom of kids, just bussed to the museum, surrounded by another ten classrooms of kids in equal disarray ....

              Ellen Rose