Rose of Versailles and Takarzuka

  • Chalcahuite
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 3, 2005
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 3, 2005
        >From: Chalcahuite <ximatl@...>
        >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [Yuricon] Rose of Versailles and Takarzuka
        >Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 13:14:39 -0500
        >
        >Damn it! We went a year too early.
        >
        >http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=7733

        LOL You beat me to the punch. I'm going to have to suck up to Rica and see
        if she can score any good RoV crap for me. :-)

        That's it. I'm hitting the lottery and moving over there. It's too stressful
        not to have immediate access to these things. Hell, if I lose my job, as
        seems likely, maybe it'll be a good time to sell my house and join the JET
        program. LOL

      • Chalcahuite
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 3, 2005

          From: Chalcahuite <ximatl@...>
          Subject: [Yuricon] Rose of Versailles and Takarzuka
          Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 13:14:39 -0500

          Damn it! We went a year too early.

          LOL You beat me to the punch.

          Finally! Score one for me. ;)

          I'm going to have to suck up to Rica and see
          if she can score any good RoV crap for me. :-)

          I'm jealous already.

          That's it. I'm hitting the lottery and moving over there. It's too stressful
          not to have immediate access to these things. Hell, if I lose my job, as
          seems likely, maybe it'll be a good time to sell my house and join the JET
          program. LOL

          I look forward to seeing your blog entries about how horrible Japanese kids are. ;)

          -==-

          Serge

          http://ximatl.blogspot.com

          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 3, 2005

            > On Nov 3, 2005, at 1:28 PM, Erica Friedman wrote:
            >
            > >> From: Chalcahuite <ximatl@i...>
            > >> To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
            > >> Subject: [Yuricon] Rose of Versailles and Takarzuka
            > >> Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 13:14:39 -0500
            > >>
            > >> Damn it! We went a year too early.
            > >>
            > >> http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=7733
            > >
            > > LOL You beat me to the punch.
            >
            > Finally! Score one for me. ;)

            You know, I'm really glad we got to see "Elizabeth" thogh. I mean, RoV
            is so...done. And ifit's the same one I have on tape, then "Elizabeth
            was FAR superior in every way but one.

            > > That's it. I'm hitting the lottery and moving over there. It's too
            > > stressful
            > > not to have immediate access to these things. Hell, if I lose my
            > > job, as
            > > seems likely, maybe it'll be a good time to sell my house and join
            > > the JET
            > > program. LOL
            >
            > I look forward to seeing your blog entries about how horrible
            > Japanese kids are. ;)

            Japanese kids are horrifically adorable, as you know. I think that's
            why their parents don't beat them senseless when they whine.

          • redadmiral66
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 3, 2005
              --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "atheniag" <anilesbocon01@h...>
              wrote:

              > Japanese kids are horrifically adorable, as you know. I think
              that's
              > why their parents don't beat them senseless when they whine.

              Seconded. You don't know the true meaning of 'cute' until you've
              spent time with Japanese elementary school kids on their lunch
              break. Of course, you also don't know the true meaning of having 25
              semi-wild animals clamber all over you, shouting unintelligibly,
              until you've spent time with Japanese elementary school kids on
              their lunch break.

              I think there's some sort of law that the cheekier they are, the
              more adorable they are too - it's like some kind of evolved defence
              mechanism. :)
            • Ashley
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 3, 2005
                redadmiral66 wrote:

                > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "atheniag" <anilesbocon01@h...>
                > wrote:
                >

                > > Japanese kids are horrifically adorable, as you know. I think
                > that's
                > > why their parents don't beat them senseless when they whine.
                > >
                > > Cheers,
                > >
                > > Erica
                > >

                > Seconded. You don't know the true meaning of 'cute' until you've
                > spent time with Japanese elementary school kids on their lunch
                > break. Of course, you also don't know the true meaning of having 25
                > semi-wild animals clamber all over you, shouting unintelligibly,
                > until you've spent time with Japanese elementary school kids on
                > their lunch break.
                >
                > I think there's some sort of law that the cheekier they are, the
                > more adorable they are too - it's like some kind of evolved defence
                > mechanism. :)

                The way that Outpost guy relates you have to go to school wearing a
                chastity belt to protect yourself from kanchoing.XD But I agree about
                them being "horrifically adorable" though. hehe

                Ashley
              • rosepress@aol.com
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 3, 2005
                  In a message dated 11/3/2005 5:15:48 PM Central Standard Time, redadmiralgorshkov@... writes:

                  Of course, you also don't know the true meaning of having 25
                  semi-wild animals clamber all over you, shouting unintelligibly,
                  until you've spent time with Japanese elementary school kids on
                  their lunch break.

                  I don't know about that - I used to work at the Science Museum of Minnesota. Had kids all over the place, and they were my job. Godawlmighty, when you have a whole classroom of kids, just bussed to the museum, surrounded by another ten classrooms of kids in equal disarray ....

                  Ellen Rose