Re: [Yuricon] Re: Firefox users / Yuricon Shop

  • Chalcahuite
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 3, 2005

      On Nov 3, 2005, at 9:21 AM, atheniag wrote:

      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Iain <khaer@m...> wrote:

      So I'd appreciate it if there are other Firefox users on the list,
      please go to http://www.yuricon.org/shop/anime.html and email me
      privately (iain@i... or khaer@m...) if you're having
      trouble seeing the page. (Each of the boxes should have text, image, and
      a buy from Amazon button. Under my browser they only have a couple of
      words of text and are otherwise empty.) If anyone else is seeing the
      same as me, I might be able to get a better test case so that the shop
      will work with the next browser release.

      Hi Iain -

      Just for the record, I test the shop (in fact, all the site) pages on
      IE, Opera and Firefox. It looks fine for me on Firefox, but I'm on a
      Windows system and it may be a operating system thing.  Just to make
      sure, I have the anime page open now on Firefox and it looks fine
      (except for Amazon's wildly inconsistent sizing and naming issues
      which make the boxes look weird.)

      I don't have a Mac system in the house, but I know a few folks here
      have one - maybe they can check it out for you.

      Was that a hint? ;)

      With the official 1.4.x version of Firefox and the 1.5rc1 beta for Mac, the Yuricon shop page appears normally for me.

    • Iain
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 3, 2005
        atheniag wrote:

        > Just for the record, I test the shop (in fact, all the site) pages on
        > IE, Opera and Firefox. It looks fine for me on Firefox, but I'm on a
        > Windows system and it may be a operating system thing. Just to make
        > sure, I have the anime page open now on Firefox and it looks fine
        > (except for Amazon's wildly inconsistent sizing and naming issues
        > which make the boxes look weird.)

        Thanks, and to the other respondents. Maybe it's adblock, though I
        thought I'd disabled that. It doesn't seem to be the version - this has
        been happening through a few upgrades, and it's on Windows, but the page
        works fine for Firefox / Linux.
      • Iain
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 3, 2005
          Iain wrote:

          > Thanks, and to the other respondents. Maybe it's adblock, though I
          > thought I'd disabled that. It doesn't seem to be the version - this has
          > been happening through a few upgrades, and it's on Windows, but the page
          > works fine for Firefox / Linux.

          It was adblock. Sorry for the extraneous traffic :).
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 3, 2005

            > > I don't have a Mac system in the house, but I know a few folks here
            > > have one - maybe they can check it out for you.
            >
            > Was that a hint? ;)

            Yes, actually. Well-done. :-)

            > With the official 1.4.x version of Firefox and the 1.5rc1 beta for
            > Mac, the Yuricon shop page appears normally for me.

            Thanks for checking. :-)