Re: Firefox users / Yuricon Shop

    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 3, 2005
      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Iain <khaer@m...> wrote:

      > So I'd appreciate it if there are other Firefox users on the list,
      > please go to http://www.yuricon.org/shop/anime.html and email me
      > privately (iain@i... or khaer@m...) if you're having
      > trouble seeing the page. (Each of the boxes should have text, image, and
      > a buy from Amazon button. Under my browser they only have a couple of
      > words of text and are otherwise empty.) If anyone else is seeing the
      > same as me, I might be able to get a better test case so that the shop
      > will work with the next browser release.

      Hi Iain -

      Just for the record, I test the shop (in fact, all the site) pages on
      IE, Opera and Firefox. It looks fine for me on Firefox, but I'm on a
      Windows system and it may be a operating system thing. Just to make
      sure, I have the anime page open now on Firefox and it looks fine
      (except for Amazon's wildly inconsistent sizing and naming issues
      which make the boxes look weird.)

      I don't have a Mac system in the house, but I know a few folks here
      have one - maybe they can check it out for you.

    • Chalcahuite
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 3, 2005

        On Nov 3, 2005, at 9:21 AM, atheniag wrote:

[...]

        Was that a hint? ;)

        With the official 1.4.x version of Firefox and the 1.5rc1 beta for Mac, the Yuricon shop page appears normally for me.

      • Iain
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 3, 2005
          atheniag wrote:

          > Just for the record, I test the shop (in fact, all the site) pages on
          > IE, Opera and Firefox. It looks fine for me on Firefox, but I'm on a
          > Windows system and it may be a operating system thing. Just to make
          > sure, I have the anime page open now on Firefox and it looks fine
          > (except for Amazon's wildly inconsistent sizing and naming issues
          > which make the boxes look weird.)

          Thanks, and to the other respondents. Maybe it's adblock, though I
          thought I'd disabled that. It doesn't seem to be the version - this has
          been happening through a few upgrades, and it's on Windows, but the page
          works fine for Firefox / Linux.
        • Iain
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 3, 2005
            Iain wrote:

            > Thanks, and to the other respondents. Maybe it's adblock, though I
            > thought I'd disabled that. It doesn't seem to be the version - this has
            > been happening through a few upgrades, and it's on Windows, but the page
            > works fine for Firefox / Linux.

            It was adblock. Sorry for the extraneous traffic :).
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 3, 2005

              > > I don't have a Mac system in the house, but I know a few folks here
              > > have one - maybe they can check it out for you.
              >
              > Was that a hint? ;)

              Yes, actually. Well-done. :-)

              > With the official 1.4.x version of Firefox and the 1.5rc1 beta for
              > Mac, the Yuricon shop page appears normally for me.

              Thanks for checking. :-)