Re: [Yuricon] Firefox users / Yuricon Shop

  • Gary Jerram
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 3, 2005
      I have the same problem as you with 1.07 - I was able to fix it though
      by disabling Adblock.

      I've had a quick look in the filters [Tools - Extensions, select AdBlock
      and click Options] and this is one that's doing the blocking on my box:

      /(amazon\.\w+.*|barnesandnoble\.com/p.*)(.*www\.amazon|&search=|amb%5F(gw|skin)|amzban|cm\?t|marketing(/2|.+html)|promo|stripe?s?\W|tcg.*\.[gj])/

      Hopefully, this should sort your problem out!

      Cheers

      Gary

      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 3, 2005
        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Iain <khaer@m...> wrote:

        > So I'd appreciate it if there are other Firefox users on the list,
        > please go to http://www.yuricon.org/shop/anime.html and email me
        > privately (iain@i... or khaer@m...) if you're having
        > trouble seeing the page. (Each of the boxes should have text, image, and
        > a buy from Amazon button. Under my browser they only have a couple of
        > words of text and are otherwise empty.) If anyone else is seeing the
        > same as me, I might be able to get a better test case so that the shop
        > will work with the next browser release.

        Hi Iain -

        Just for the record, I test the shop (in fact, all the site) pages on
        IE, Opera and Firefox. It looks fine for me on Firefox, but I'm on a
        Windows system and it may be a operating system thing. Just to make
        sure, I have the anime page open now on Firefox and it looks fine
        (except for Amazon's wildly inconsistent sizing and naming issues
        which make the boxes look weird.)

        I don't have a Mac system in the house, but I know a few folks here
        have one - maybe they can check it out for you.

      • Chalcahuite
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 3, 2005

          On Nov 3, 2005, at 9:21 AM, atheniag wrote:

[...]

          Was that a hint? ;)

          With the official 1.4.x version of Firefox and the 1.5rc1 beta for Mac, the Yuricon shop page appears normally for me.

        • Iain
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 3, 2005
            atheniag wrote:

            > Just for the record, I test the shop (in fact, all the site) pages on
            > IE, Opera and Firefox. It looks fine for me on Firefox, but I'm on a
            > Windows system and it may be a operating system thing. Just to make
            > sure, I have the anime page open now on Firefox and it looks fine
            > (except for Amazon's wildly inconsistent sizing and naming issues
            > which make the boxes look weird.)

            Thanks, and to the other respondents. Maybe it's adblock, though I
            thought I'd disabled that. It doesn't seem to be the version - this has
            been happening through a few upgrades, and it's on Windows, but the page
            works fine for Firefox / Linux.
          • Iain
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 3, 2005
              Iain wrote:

              > Thanks, and to the other respondents. Maybe it's adblock, though I
              > thought I'd disabled that. It doesn't seem to be the version - this has
              > been happening through a few upgrades, and it's on Windows, but the page
              > works fine for Firefox / Linux.

              It was adblock. Sorry for the extraneous traffic :).
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 3, 2005

                > > I don't have a Mac system in the house, but I know a few folks here
                > > have one - maybe they can check it out for you.
                >
                > Was that a hint? ;)

                Yes, actually. Well-done. :-)

                > With the official 1.4.x version of Firefox and the 1.5rc1 beta for
                > Mac, the Yuricon shop page appears normally for me.

                Thanks for checking. :-)