Re: [Yuricon] Firefox users / Yuricon Shop

  • Ashley
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 3, 2005
      Iain wrote:

      > I've been very puzzled by the lack of anything but empty boxes in the
      > Anime section of the Yuricon shop
      > (http://www.yuricon.org/shop/anime.html)
      > <http://www.yuricon.org/shop/anime.html%29> for a good while now.
      > Yesterday
      > I discovered that it wasn't empty at all, but a Firefox bug is causing
      > it to appear so. I took the code, generated a reproducible case and
      > submitted a problem report - only to find that it's working for the
      > developers, which means that it probably won't be fixed.
      >
      > So I'd appreciate it if there are other Firefox users on the list,
      > please go to http://www.yuricon.org/shop/anime.html and email me
      > privately (iain@... or khaer@...) if you're having
      > trouble seeing the page. (Each of the boxes should have text, image, and
      > a buy from Amazon button. Under my browser they only have a couple of
      > words of text and are otherwise empty.) If anyone else is seeing the
      > same as me, I might be able to get a better test case so that the shop
      > will work with the next browser release.

      Works for me. I have version 1.0.7 of Firefox, also I did have noscript
      blocking yuricon, but even with that, I had no problems seeing the page.
      Have you upgraded Firefox? Maybe youre using some plugin thats
      interfereing with the display of the page?

      Ashley
    • Gary Jerram
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 3, 2005
        I have the same problem as you with 1.07 - I was able to fix it though
        by disabling Adblock.

        I've had a quick look in the filters [Tools - Extensions, select AdBlock
        and click Options] and this is one that's doing the blocking on my box:

        /(amazon\.\w+.*|barnesandnoble\.com/p.*)(.*www\.amazon|&search=|amb%5F(gw|skin)|amzban|cm\?t|marketing(/2|.+html)|promo|stripe?s?\W|tcg.*\.[gj])/

        Hopefully, this should sort your problem out!

        Cheers

        Gary

        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 3, 2005
          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Iain <khaer@m...> wrote:

          > So I'd appreciate it if there are other Firefox users on the list,
          > please go to http://www.yuricon.org/shop/anime.html and email me
          > privately (iain@i... or khaer@m...) if you're having
          > trouble seeing the page. (Each of the boxes should have text, image, and
          > a buy from Amazon button. Under my browser they only have a couple of
          > words of text and are otherwise empty.) If anyone else is seeing the
          > same as me, I might be able to get a better test case so that the shop
          > will work with the next browser release.

          Hi Iain -

          Just for the record, I test the shop (in fact, all the site) pages on
          IE, Opera and Firefox. It looks fine for me on Firefox, but I'm on a
          Windows system and it may be a operating system thing. Just to make
          sure, I have the anime page open now on Firefox and it looks fine
          (except for Amazon's wildly inconsistent sizing and naming issues
          which make the boxes look weird.)

          I don't have a Mac system in the house, but I know a few folks here
          have one - maybe they can check it out for you.

        • Chalcahuite
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 3, 2005

            On Nov 3, 2005, at 9:21 AM, atheniag wrote:

[...]

            Was that a hint? ;)

            With the official 1.4.x version of Firefox and the 1.5rc1 beta for Mac, the Yuricon shop page appears normally for me.

          • Iain
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 3, 2005
              atheniag wrote:

              > Just for the record, I test the shop (in fact, all the site) pages on
              > IE, Opera and Firefox. It looks fine for me on Firefox, but I'm on a
              > Windows system and it may be a operating system thing. Just to make
              > sure, I have the anime page open now on Firefox and it looks fine
              > (except for Amazon's wildly inconsistent sizing and naming issues
              > which make the boxes look weird.)

              Thanks, and to the other respondents. Maybe it's adblock, though I
              thought I'd disabled that. It doesn't seem to be the version - this has
              been happening through a few upgrades, and it's on Windows, but the page
              works fine for Firefox / Linux.
            • Iain
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 3, 2005
                Iain wrote:

                > Thanks, and to the other respondents. Maybe it's adblock, though I
                > thought I'd disabled that. It doesn't seem to be the version - this has
                > been happening through a few upgrades, and it's on Windows, but the page
                > works fine for Firefox / Linux.

                It was adblock. Sorry for the extraneous traffic :).
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 3, 2005

                  > > I don't have a Mac system in the house, but I know a few folks here
                  > > have one - maybe they can check it out for you.
                  >
                  > Was that a hint? ;)

                  Yes, actually. Well-done. :-)

                  > With the official 1.4.x version of Firefox and the 1.5rc1 beta for
                  > Mac, the Yuricon shop page appears normally for me.

                  Thanks for checking. :-)