Iono-sama Fanatics

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31, 2005
      A little while back Erin mentioned this title, "Iono-sama Fanatics"
      and I mentioned that I was getting it. Well I read it over the weekend
      and it's really delightful.

      To start with, the artist is Fujieda Miyabi of Miyabi's Moonphase
      (http://www.moonphase.jp), the same artist who does "Kotonoha no Miko
      to Kotodamanano Majou to" for Yuri Hime. And a bunch of other stuff.

      The story is, simply a love comedy starring Iono-sama, the queen of a
      small country, who happens to love women with long, black hair. She
      comes to Japan to hit on girls and try to convince them to join her as
      a lady-in-waiting. (As Erin mentioned, "sobame" is a woman who is next
      to the Queen.)

      Iono is rejected by one girl - and this same girl keeps coming back
      like a bad penny as a running gag - and runs into our heroine, Eto.
      Eto agrees to be a sobame, but insists she's only joking, when a crazy
      woman attacks her and the Queen. The Queen takes off, carrying Eto
      with her. They end up at an onsen, where the Queen convinces Eto to
      join her.

      We learn that Eto was, in fact, in love with her kouhai in high
      school, but the younger girl left her for someone else. Now she's in
      college, but she thought she was past this kind of thing - but Iono is
      *very* convincing.

      Iono is very, deeply and personally, in love with all her sobame.
      There's Cass, the blonde crazy who attacked them earlier. She's
      insanely jealous and wants Iono to love her exclusively. Which Iono
      does, when it's Cass' turn. :-)

      Bloomer is the Queen's costumer - and cool as the proverbial cuke. She
      seems to understand the Queen - and Cass - way better than they do
      themselves.

      Freshi is the Queen's security chief and her daughter Argent (these
      two cover several different completely different fetishes all at once)
      act as the Queen's bodyguards.

      Eto is a little depressed when she meets the other sobame, because
      they all have specific roles, while she's sort of a free agent. The
      Queen convinces her that her role is to "be there" and that's enough.
      But there's a cute chapter where Eto tries to play Guide (complete
      with cute costume made by Bloomer) to Japan, in order for Iono-sama to
      find more cute girls.

      Iono determines to hold auditions for more sobame, which drives Cass
      crazy - and into disguise. But Iono-sama knows all the women she
      loves, in disguise or out and Cass is found out.

      My personal favorite is the last round of auditions. One of the
      candidates, an adorable girl named Arata, misunderstands "sobame" to
      mean a woman who makes soba noodles. :-) Arata is initially unsure
      whther she can do the job, but she decides to go for it, after Freshi
      meets her in the hall and gives her encouragement. Arata does make
      delicious noodles - and, more importantly, saves the Queen's (and
      Freshi's) life when the next "candidate" turns out to be an assassin.
      While Arata and Freshi are staring deeply into each other's eyes,
      Argent just gives her mother the old "Gambatte, Mom" and Iono-sama
      gives her blessing to them. They are impossibly cute together,
      especially as Freshi is a tough as nails, black suited, black glasses,
      gun slinging kind of gal, and Arata is a little soba maker. All I can
      say is "squee!". LOL

      I recommend "Iono-sama Fanatics" highly for yuri that makes you smile.
      If you're looking for sex this is not your manga, but for yuri that is
      sexy and funny and cute without being nauseating- this is an excellent
      example of the breed. I've added it to the Manga section of the
      Yuricon Shop, in fact: http://www.yuricon.org/shop/manga.html#Iono

    • Ashley
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 31, 2005
        atheniag wrote:

> [...]
        > meets her in the hall and gives her encouragement. Arata does make
        > delicious noodles - and, more importantly, saves the Queen's (and
        > Freshi's) life when the next "candidate" turns out to be an assassin.
        > While Arata and Freshi are staring deeply into each other's eyes,
        > Argent just gives her mother the old "Gambatte, Mom" and Iono-sama
        > gives her blessing to them. They are impossibly cute together,
        > especially as Freshi is a tough as nails, black suited, black glasses,
        > gun slinging kind of gal, and Arata is a little soba maker. All I can
        > say is "squee!". LOL
        >
        > I recommend "Iono-sama Fanatics" highly for yuri that makes you smile.
        > If you're looking for sex this is not your manga, but for yuri that is
        > sexy and funny and cute without being nauseating- this is an excellent
        > example of the breed. I've added it to the Manga section of the

        I am *definitely* buying this manga friday now! :D Consider it sold!
        lol. It sounds really delightful. Is this a series, or just one manga? I
        hope theres more. :)

        Ashley
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 1, 2005
          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Ashley <dreamingxashley@g...> wrote:

          > I am *definitely* buying this manga friday now! :D Consider it sold!
          > lol. It sounds really delightful. Is this a series, or just one
          manga? I
          > hope theres more. :)

          There's only the one volume at the moment, but it looks like it's
          still running in Dengeki Teioh, so there should be another volume at
          least.