Re: Kannazuki No Miko

  • Shane M
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 27, 2005
      SPOILERS

      >It does make me sad that Himeko and Chikane
      >did not end up both alive and together,

      Um, actually they did. You have to watch all the way
      to the end of the last file, because after the credits
      is another short scene, which wraps the series up
      beautifully. ^.^

      __________________________________
      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Ashley
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 27, 2005
        Shane M wrote:

        > SPOILERS
        >
        > >It does make me sad that Himeko and Chikane
        > >did not end up both alive and together,
        >
        > Um, actually they did. You have to watch all the way
        > to the end of the last file, because after the credits
        > is another short scene, which wraps the series up
        > beautifully. ^.^

        It always cracks me up that people totally miss that... and they are
        told and are like OMG!! I totally missed that!! lol. Me, I usually watch
        the credits for some reason, and so I didnt miss the suprise ending
        which I loved. ^^

        Ashley
      • Iain
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 27, 2005
          Ashley wrote:

          > It always cracks me up that people totally miss that... and they are
          > told and are like OMG!! I totally missed that!! lol. Me, I usually watch
          > the credits for some reason, and so I didnt miss the suprise ending
          > which I loved. ^^

          I usually watch the opening and closing credits one time, up to the last
          episode where I watch the whole thing Just In Case. I *thought* I
          understood the ending to "Le portrait de petit Cossette" until I saw the
          after-closing-credit scene. Now I know I'm clueless.

          I'm watching all of the opening credits for KnM, just because they're so
          good.
        • Chikane Himemiya
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 28, 2005
            XP I tried buying it off e-Bay, but I never got it after the purchase....*mutters* I'm severly disappointed and will not buy from e-Bay again.

            Iain <khaer@...> wrote:
            Ashley wrote:

            > It always cracks me up that people totally miss that... and they are
            > told and are like OMG!! I totally missed that!! lol. Me, I usually watch
            > the credits for some reason, and so I didnt miss the suprise ending
            > which I loved. ^^

            I usually watch the opening and closing credits one time, up to the last
            episode where I watch the whole thing Just In Case. I *thought* I
            understood the ending to "Le portrait de petit Cossette" until I saw the
            after-closing-credit scene. Now I know I'm clueless.

            I'm watching all of the opening credits for KnM, just because they're so
            good.

            "Should I smile because you're a friend, or cry cause that's all you'll ever be?"
            Shay/Rumiel

          • Iain
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 28, 2005
              (still SPOILERS)

              Shane M wrote:

              > SPOILERS
              >
              >>It does make me sad that Himeko and Chikane
              >>did not end up both alive and together,
              >
              > Um, actually they did. You have to watch all the way
              > to the end of the last file, because after the credits
              > is another short scene, which wraps the series up
              > beautifully. ^.^

              Now that it's all over... well, I guess I understand the mixed feelings
              about the series that I see when I search message history. I loved the
              ending. I would have considered it a good, if heartbreaking, ending even
              without the after-credits scene. I'm not sure that the closing scene
              quite makes the ending "happy", given that in some reality Chikane is
              locked away in the dark, but I *am* glad that they're together. I will
              definitely be buying this if and when it makes it to DVD.

              But jesus, the plot... if the only reason for ancient gods and mecha was
              to bring about the conflict and reconciliation between Himeko and
              Chikane - and I can't see what other purpose they served - couldn't the
              writer have given us something mildly credible? Or at least consistent*.
              I dislike mecha in general, but even so there are shades of
              believability, and the only plus I'd give this story is that it made
              more sense than Evangelion. (But there are Kansas school boards that I
              think make more sense than Evangelion.)

              Even in the ending of the relationship - what's with the deathbed
              reconcilation suddenly becoming Chikane whole (and naked... *blink*) and
              then snuggling under a tree before finally being drawn away? With a
              supernatural background it wouldn't even have been hard to invent a
              reason, but instead it was jarring, and confusingly unbelievable.

              In spite of all that, though, I haven't been moved so much by an anime
              since "Voices of a Distant Star" (more unneeded mecha - grrr). I'm *so*
              glad Chikane had her reasons, and *so* pleased that the love between the
              girls was so completely open and unambiguous - and continued with the
              pre-incarnated Chikane. If a ludicrous plotline is what it took to get
              such an intensely beautiful relationship to screen, it's a fairly small
              price to pay.