Instead of spamming the list with bad fanfic...yuri fanfic lists?

  • Paul Corrigan
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 18, 2005
      I'll just note that a considerably revised version of chapter one of "Les
      filles du lys de montagne" is available on my ff.net page at

      http://www.fanfiction.net/~paulcorrigan

      I've also sent it to the yuriville.net archive of Marimite fanfic, if you
      prefer to go there. (Which I would never have discovered without this
      list; thank you, CW.)

      Comments always welcome. Pre-readers doubly so; email me if you're
      interested, privately. It's been made clear to me that Yuricon isn't
      intended as a fanfic ML, so it would be nice if someone could point me to
      any MLs where yuri fanfic (including Marimite) can get decent line-by-line
      feedback.

      No, Chris, I'm not going to kill Toko. Sorry. ;)

      Ms. Friedman can also rest assured she's made me think more about the
      Rosas Chinensis than I would otherwise have done, making the new version
      much better than the old. Of course, Yuricon, or rather Anilesbocon, began
      life in a fanfic.

      Paul Corrigan
      studio_poutine@...

    • Jk
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 19, 2005
        I wouldn't think of yahoogroups as the place your looking for to put
        your fanfic. There are two forums that I think serve that purpose
        better

        the fanfic or fanart area of

        http://www.shoujoai.com/
        http://www.shoujo-ai.com/

        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Paul Corrigan <studio_poutine@y...>
        wrote:

        > I'll just note that a considerably revised version of chapter one
        of "Les
        > filles du lys de montagne" is available on my ff.net page at
        >
        > http://www.fanfiction.net/~paulcorrigan
        >
        > I've also sent it to the yuriville.net archive of Marimite fanfic,
        if you
        > prefer to go there. (Which I would never have discovered without
        this
        > list; thank you, CW.)
        >
        > Comments always welcome. Pre-readers doubly so; email me if you're
        > interested, privately. It's been made clear to me that Yuricon isn't
        > intended as a fanfic ML, so it would be nice if someone could point
        me to
        > any MLs where yuri fanfic (including Marimite) can get decent line-
        by-line
        > feedback.
        >
        > No, Chris, I'm not going to kill Toko. Sorry. ;)
        >
        > Ms. Friedman can also rest assured she's made me think more about
        the
        > Rosas Chinensis than I would otherwise have done, making the new
        version
        > much better than the old. Of course, Yuricon, or rather
        Anilesbocon, began
        > life in a fanfic.
        >

        > Paul Corrigan
        > studio_poutine@y...

        > Find your next car at http://autos.yahoo.ca

      • kanariya
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 28, 2005
          >Which I would never have discovered without this
          list; thank you, CW.

          No, thank you. I'm glad to see people making use of Yuriville...it
          seems it's been a success, and that makes me incredibly happy. ^_^ I
          hope even more yuri fans find their way over to us. :) (Note: That's a
          subtle hint to any of you who haven't visited the site yet, in case
          you hadn't noticed. *wink*)

          CW, who's behind on e-mail

          Against gay marriage? Then don't marry one!!

          elsewherecw@...
          LJ: elsewherecw
          GJ: elsewherecw

          Visit Yuriville.net, and get your yuri fix!

          Like kink? Like squick? Like to write? Join us!
          http://www.livejournal.com/community/kinksquickwrite/
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 29, 2005
            >From: kanariya <kanariya@...>
            >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Instead of spamming the list with bad fanfic...yuri
            >fanfic lists?
            >Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 22:17:56 -0600
            >
            > >Which I would never have discovered without this
            >list; thank you, CW.
            >
            >No, thank you. I'm glad to see people making use of Yuriville...it
            >seems it's been a success, and that makes me incredibly happy. ^_^ I
            >hope even more yuri fans find their way over to us. :) (Note: That's a
            >subtle hint to any of you who haven't visited the site yet, in case
            >you hadn't noticed. *wink*)

            Feel free, if you haven't already, to put the link up in the links section
            of this groups homepage at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Yuricon

            And also feel free to send any links that might be of interest to me at
            anilesbocon01@... to put on the YC website. :-)

          • kanariya
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 29, 2005
              >Feel free, if you haven't already, to put the link up in the links
              >section
              of this groups homepage at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Yuricon

              I think I will, now that you mention it...the thought hadn't even
              occurred to me! ^_^ Thanks for the reminder.

              >And also feel free to send any links that might be of interest to me
              >at
              anilesbocon01@... to put on the YC website. :-)

              Hmm...I'll have to have a look through my bookmarks and see if I can
              find anything you don't know about already. ^_~

              CW