Kannaduki no Miko

  • Lupine Aura
    Message 1 of 43 , Oct 6, 2005
      Hi everyone,
      Spoilers ahead, so be warned!
      .

      I just want to thank those of you who recommended Kannaduki no Miko. I finally got around to watching the entire thing...the last episode was quite a tear jerker! I'm glad it turned out (at least partly) the way it did...because from episodes 8-11 I was kind of mad, as I thought maybe they really had taken a lovely yuri story and turned it into a tale about a mad lesbian rapist. It does make me sad that Himeko and Chikane did not end up both alive and together, but it was refreshing to see an anime with real, unquestioned yuri-type love between two girls. The ending reminded me a lot of the ending of Utena, which is my all-time favorite anime. Why do the good ones make me cry? You would think that there is enough angst in my real life that I wouldn't want to watch it in my anime.

      Is it true that there may be a season two of KnM? I can't imagine what the premise would be, but you never know.

      Also, any more recs? I did see MariMite, and loved it :)
    • rosepress@aol.com
      Message 43 of 43 , Jan 10, 2006
        In a message dated 1/9/2006 8:25:10 A.M. Central Standard Time, anilesbocon01@... writes:
        I admit to having a German Uranus/Neptune paper doll book. The art is
        vile and the writing is hysterical, but it's Haruka and Michiru
        dammit! LOL

        Since you'll scan in youra - I'll scan in mine and we can all play
        dolly dressup. (You know, know that I think about it - I think I have
        a Inner Senshi dress-up doll something on the shrine too. I really
        need to go through that and see what's there.
        We need standardization! How many pixels for the full-height Sailor Moon? That way, the clothes for one set might have a better chance of fitting on the other.

        I'm not sure the publisher of the dolls even knows from Sailor Moon. These are obviously the Inner Senshi, but there are seifuku for only Moon and Mercury. And they have Artemis, but not Luna. Still - kawaii. I hope I can find the Outers.

        No scans until February, but then I can put them up to the group files section. Until then - I'm not sure what Mary Monica had for dinner last night, but it had tentacles ...

        Ellen Rose