Hello from another Marimite fan

  • Bee Q
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2005
      *waves*

      I've been lurking here for a little while, enjoying the conversations.
      I came across Yuricon - and yuri - during a newfound fanfic reading
      craze... because the fanfics that I was looking for, like Noir and
      You're Under Arrest, just seemed to lead me there. It had never
      occurred to me that Noir was yuri. Really, I thought -the- letter was
      just a thank you note. But after how I always seemed to end up at one
      of Erica's websites, I took the hint.

      After wallowing in yuri for a bit, it was inevitable that I would come
      across Marimite. At first, I was a bit hesitant, because I used to
      have adverse reactions to shoujo. I couldn't stand the school girl
      bishie crushes. My feeling was, "Don't these girls have anything
      constructive to do, like contribute to society or something?" Well,
      that was my naive impression anyway, and there were lots of other
      things for me to do than to really find out. So when I read the first
      volume of Marimite, I was so taken that here was a shoujo story where
      nothing happens... but why am I so hooked?!! After that, I felt
      born-again *laffs* So that's my little story.

      A bit about me: I'm a mature student studying traditional Chinese
      medicine. My husband also studies with me, so we go everywhere
      together, and our nickname at school is "A&B" :) I used to run an
      anime/manga art community, but now I'm not as committed to the
      internet, so I just go wherever the flow takes me.

      I thought it'd be nice to offer a little present on my first post, so
      here it is - a humble Marimite shrine:

      http://www.mooncanvas.com/marimite

      It was supposed to be just a page for my Marimite fanart, but it ended
      up as a mini-site instead... and my fanart is hiding somewhere there.
      Thanks to Erica for letting me profusely link to Okazu Notes, and Erin
      for padding up my link pages with so many wonderful suggestions!

      Nice to meet you all,
      Bee.
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 4, 2005
        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Bee Q" <beechan@p...> wrote:

        > *waves*

        Hi Bee -

        Welcome to one of the least suckiest groups on the Internet. :-)

        > I've been lurking here for a little while, enjoying the conversations.
        > I came across Yuricon - and yuri - during a newfound fanfic reading
        > craze... because the fanfics that I was looking for, like Noir and
        > You're Under Arrest, just seemed to lead me there. It had never
        > occurred to me that Noir was yuri. Really, I thought -the- letter was
        > just a thank you note. But after how I always seemed to end up at one
        > of Erica's websites, I took the hint.

        LOL Nothing magical about that. In my former life I specialized in
        ways to make a website come up tops in the search engines. :-)

        > After wallowing in yuri for a bit, it was inevitable that I would come
        > across Marimite. At first, I was a bit hesitant, because I used to
        > have adverse reactions to shoujo. I couldn't stand the school girl
        > bishie crushes. My feeling was, "Don't these girls have anything
        > constructive to do, like contribute to society or something?" Well,
        > that was my naive impression anyway, and there were lots of other
        > things for me to do than to really find out. So when I read the first
        > volume of Marimite, I was so taken that here was a shoujo story where
        > nothing happens... but why am I so hooked?!! After that, I felt
        > born-again *laffs* So that's my little story.

        I feel pretty much exactly the same way. I have few hopes for the
        series intially - I'm also not a fan of shoujo romance particularly.
        But the characters are so unique and so charming, that I find myself
        happily obsessed for the moment. :-)

        Thanks for all your links, btw to Okazu. I shall surely use your site
        as Table of Contents, instead of doing the work myself these days. LOL

        Once again - welcome to the Yuricon ML!