Re: [Yuricon] Manga project

    Message 1 of 78 , Nov 4, 2001
      >From: kethla@...

      >Yay! I thought I was banned from the ALC ML for awhile yesterday.
      >I'm glad to know that's not the case. ^_^

      This is kind of funny - when i site adminned a web community, everyone
      always thought it was a personal banning thing, even though we hardly ever
      banned people - and it was well known that that site went down - alot.
      Still, people always thought it was about them. LOL

      >http://www.geocities.com/kethla/samplepics.html

      Cute stuff!

      >If you're interested please respond!
      >
      >Oh and I'm glad to see the list has been revived! Wai! Thankies to
      >Erica for adding me to the Yuricon ML. :D

      I was able to directly add about half of us - we're still missing 70 some
      odd souls.

      AniLesboCon 2001 - "For real women who like their women...animated."
      http://anilesbocon.shoujoai.com/

    • Menagi Starnigh
      Message 78 of 78 , Nov 8, 2001

        >From: "Katerina E."

        >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [Yuricon] Re: Manga project
        >Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 06:06:33 -0000
        >
        >--- In Yuricon@y..., "Menagi Starnigh" wrote:
        > > *laugh* Anime Expo 2002 held in Long Beach, California. It's July
        > > 4th -July 7th. Be prepared to do a lot of walking. It's a nice
        > > area tho; same place as last year. I had a blast, I dunno about
        > > anyone else...
        >
        >You guys had got me to thinking about flying out for AX, but I figure
        >that, between airfare, hotel, registration, and spending cash, I
        >would have to save up a MINIMUM of $1000 for the trip! And that's
        >taking the really cheap JetBlue airfare.

        Well, I'd say if you get a big group together and split the cost of a room, you could get away with $1000 as a max.   Just set up an email for everyone who's broke and needs to room together.  The rooms at the Hyatt are $135 a night.  If you split the cost say 4 or 5 ways, it can make it affordable.

        My flight out there was $250 round trip last year.  If you buy it in advance, that's not too shabby for round trip, non-stop airfare from Florida.   On Delta, no less.

        Yes, it's expensive.  But, to me, it was worth it.  Of course, I've been scrimping since July, so I'll just barely squeek by with enough cash.  *grins*  My costumes alone are costing me about $200.

        I need a second job...

        Jya matta ne!
        Menagi-chan