Ichigo Mashimaro subs

  • Ashley
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 1, 2005
      For those that watch the anime raw and subbed, Ichigo Mashimaro #4 has
      been subbed, and is up on Tokyotosho. :)

      Ashley
    • Iain
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 4, 2005
        Erica Friedman wrote:

        > >I do wonder about Shimako, though. I'm not convinced that she doesn't
        > >*want* to be Shiori. Sei's indifference hurts her. When she's reunited
        > >with Sei after her date with Rosa Canina she seems to have been very
        > >lost without Sei. It does seem like a more unbalanced partnership than
        > >the others.
        >
        > I am convinced that she is not hurt by Sei's attitude. In fact, I
        > think that
        > one of the things that Shimako treasures about Sei is her lack of
        > expectations. Although we have never seen her so, I believe that Shimako
        > feels terribly burdened by her and other people's expectations. Sei asks
        > nothing of Shimako except that she exist - excatly what Shimako wants
        > from
        > Sei. As long as they both know that the other is in the world, they are
        > content.

        Now that I've read your summary of First Date Triangle this makes more
        sense to me. I don't think this comes across in the anime. There's a
        lovely symmetry between the two being there for each other but choosing
        not to become too close.

        Is the First Date Triangle novel translated anywhere?

        > And, btw, that's *exactly* what Shizuka says to Shimako in The First Date
        > Triangle...so yay to Shizuka for really understanding them.

        Losing Shizuka with the third years disappointed me. I like her. Shimako
        remains my favorite, though :)

        --
        For a moment I feel the coldness
        Of everything that’s been taken away.