Re: [Yuricon] Re: Azumanga Daioh! ^_^

  • Jesse "Marduk" James
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 28, 2005
      Bianca wrote:

      > One-sided love entertains me. I relate to it during my high school
      > years. Yumi hits a bit too close to home for me though (wears
      > glasses, has weight obsession, is violent). What about Chiyo-chan?
      > Would she be with Osaka? They do hang out quite a bit. As do Chiyo
      > and Sakaki now that I think about it...
      >
      > I'm still pullin' for Kaorin! XP

      I forgot (haven't gotten to yet?) about Yumi's weight obsession..

      Poor Yumi.... she's *spends a number of minutes trying to figure out a
      portmanteau of beatiful, cute, and sexy - and fails* ...wunderbar!

      And using a foreign word to emphasize my meaning has (somewhat) saved me
      yet again.

      ~MardukZero

      --Can we go to the place where we're forgiven?--
    • windam_2000
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 28, 2005
        > > I dunno about Ms. Yukari and Ms. Kurosawa ^^;

        This is a pssibility, given some subtle reference in the manga.
        The following events don't occur in order
        1. Yukari is wearing the old school uniform when the girls see her.
        She tells them that the high school used to be an all-girls school.

        2. A student asks Nyamo what kind of student Yukari was in high
        school since they both went to the same school. Nyamo was about to
        tell her, when Yukari walks by screaming, 'Love letter! Love letter!
        Love, love letter!'
        Nyama blushes madly and says, 'She was a good student'.

        So... who wrote the love letter, and who got it? ;)

        -win
      • Jesse "Marduk" James
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 28, 2005
          windam_2000 wrote:

          > > > I dunno about Ms. Yukari and Ms. Kurosawa ^^;
          >
          > This is a pssibility, given some subtle reference in the manga.
          > The following events don't occur in order
          > 1. Yukari is wearing the old school uniform when the girls see her.
          > She tells them that the high school used to be an all-girls school.
          >
          > 2. A student asks Nyamo what kind of student Yukari was in high
          > school since they both went to the same school. Nyamo was about to
          > tell her, when Yukari walks by screaming, 'Love letter! Love letter!
          > Love, love letter!'
          > Nyama blushes madly and says, 'She was a good student'.
          >
          > So... who wrote the love letter, and who got it? ;)
          >
          > -win

          Ahhh... putting the latter former strip (latter listed, former in
          chronology) in with the former latter (reverse it) does create such an
          interesting implication. Thank you.

          ~MardukZero
          --When can we go to the place where we're forgiven?--
        • Kat Ehas
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 29, 2005
            On 9/28/05, windam_2000 <windam_2000@...> wrote:
            This is a pssibility, given some subtle reference in the manga.
            The following events don't occur in order

            I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who sees Nyamo/Yukari as a distinct possibility.  And one that is more palatable to me, since they're adults in role-model positions.  And neither of them is 10 years old.

            kat_chan