Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~

  • Erin Subramanian
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 25 8:05 PM
      A scanlation group called Studio Hashihime has just released a
      scanlation of the first chapter of Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~. I don't
      know if they have a webpage or irc channel (google doesn't turn anything
      up, and I don't see them listed at dailymanga.org either), but there's a
      torrent up for it at http://www.tokyotosho.com .
      If anyone here hasn't heard of Kashimashi, it's a genderswitch manga
      with a good amount of yuri; you can find out more info about it in
      Erica's review at Okazu (http://okazu.blogspot.com ). :)

      Erin
    • Ashley
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 25 8:15 PM
        Erin Subramanian wrote:

        > A scanlation group called Studio Hashihime has just released a
        > scanlation of the first chapter of Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~. I don't
        > know if they have a webpage or irc channel (google doesn't turn anything
        > up, and I don't see them listed at dailymanga.org either), but there's a
        > torrent up for it at http://www.tokyotosho.com .
        > If anyone here hasn't heard of Kashimashi, it's a genderswitch manga
        > with a good amount of yuri; you can find out more info about it in
        > Erica's review at Okazu (http://okazu.blogspot.com ). :)
        >
        > Erin

        Aaaaaaaaaah!! Thats just awesome! Thanks :D

        Ashley
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 26 8:16 AM
          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Erin Subramanian <esubramanian1@c...>
          wrote:

          > A scanlation group called Studio Hashihime has just released a
          > scanlation of the first chapter of Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~. I
          don't
          > know if they have a webpage or irc channel (google doesn't turn
          anything
          > up, and I don't see them listed at dailymanga.org either), but
          there's a
          > torrent up for it at http://www.tokyotosho.com .
          > If anyone here hasn't heard of Kashimashi, it's a genderswitch manga
          > with a good amount of yuri; you can find out more info about it in
          > Erica's review at Okazu (http://okazu.blogspot.com ). :)

          Hey thanks for the plug - and thanks for the link! It's a cute series,
          not Ichigo Mashimaro cute, just sort of pleasant and dreamy. I have no
          doubt that it eiter will not resolve when it ends, but for now it's
          fun. :-)

          Cheers,

          Erica (who also thinks that it will ultimately end with Hazumu being
          retruned to male form and the whole story starting over with Tomari
          and Yasuna competing for his attention. But that's probably just me.)

        • mellowrg
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 2, 2005

            > Hey thanks for the plug - and thanks for the link! It's a cute series,
            > not Ichigo Mashimaro cute, just sort of pleasant and dreamy. I have no
            > doubt that it eiter will not resolve when it ends, but for now it's
            > fun. :-)
            >
            > Cheers,
            >
            > Erica (who also thinks that it will ultimately end with Hazumu being
            > retruned to male form and the whole story starting over with Tomari
            > and Yasuna competing for his attention. But that's probably just me.)

            Ooh...ooh.. let me try.

            I think Hazumu will end up with Yasuna after finally succumbing to her
            boo hoo pity me routine. The final scene will probably be Hazumu
            catching up to Yasuna just moments away before she boards her space
            rocket or whatnot.

            Of course this is assuming Tonari doesn't counter with her "oh, but we
            had a childhood promise! attack.

            Please let me be wrong on these.
          • Ashley
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 2, 2005
              mellowrg wrote:

              > Ooh...ooh.. let me try.
              >
              > I think Hazumu will end up with Yasuna after finally succumbing to her
              > boo hoo pity me routine. The final scene will probably be Hazumu
              > catching up to Yasuna just moments away before she boards her space
              > rocket or whatnot.
              >
              > Of course this is assuming Tonari doesn't counter with her "oh, but we
              > had a childhood promise! attack.
              >
              > Please let me be wrong on these.

              What I want to know is, does everyone in the original Japanese refer to
              Hazumu as "he" or do they refer to her as a "she" (after being turned
              into a girl of course). Because its sorta bugging me that everyone in
              this subbed version keeps calling her a he, when Hazumu is no longer a he.

              I hope that they dont turn her back to a male, though it would sorta
              make sense, and I too am half expecting it. But as it is, Im really
              enjoying the silliness of it. :)

              Ashley
            • Niki
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 2, 2005
                > What I want to know is, does everyone in the original Japanese refer to
                > Hazumu as "he" or do they refer to her as a "she" (after being turned
                > into a girl of course). Because its sorta bugging me that everyone in
                > this subbed version keeps calling her a he, when Hazumu is no longer a he.

                Japanese doesn't use pronouns- they'll just be saying "Hazumu-chan
                this," "Hazumu-chan that," or maybe "that person blahblah." So it's
                really up to the translator and how familiar they are with
                transgenders, I guess.
                They keep just saying how he's 100% female now, and nothing can change
                that- have these people never heard of sex-changes? That's one of the
                most unbelievable aspects of this story, how easily most of them just
                shrug it off.

                Elae
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 2, 2005
                  >From: Niki <reignofstars@...>
                  >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                  >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Re: Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~
                  >Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 09:32:34 -0400
                  >
                  > > What I want to know is, does everyone in the original Japanese refer to
                  > > Hazumu as "he" or do they refer to her as a "she" (after being turned
                  > > into a girl of course). Because its sorta bugging me that everyone in
                  > > this subbed version keeps calling her a he, when Hazumu is no longer a
                  >he.
                  >
                  >Japanese doesn't use pronouns- they'll just be saying "Hazumu-chan
                  >this," "Hazumu-chan that," or maybe "that person blahblah." So it's
                  >really up to the translator and how familiar they are with
                  >transgenders, I guess.

                  In this case, everyone continues calling Hazumu "Hazumu-kun" which is what
                  they all called him when he was a boy. It's not that beyond the pale to use
                  "-kun" for a girl, although its more likely for a guy.

                  The scanlators need to pick a pronoun, because English isn't as conveniently
                  vague as Japanese can be. :-)