Re: [Yuricon] Re: Yuri/Yaoi

  • Carmen DiProspero
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 8, 2005
      Staying on-topic, when I went to this year's Katsucon
      and checked out the musical guests, Psycho le Cemu, a
      couple of the members looked VERY effemine (SIC), and
      I thought they were female!! Good thing a fangirl
      standing next to me at their Friday night concert set
      me straight.

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Jesse "Marduk" James S.
      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 9, 2005
        Erica Friedman wrote:

        > >From: kylandra <geekoriffic@...>
        > >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
        > >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Re: Yuri/Yaoi
        > >Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 19:57:27 -0400
        > >
        > >Or maybe it's because Japanese men don't tend to be very large or
        muscular?
        > >And Japanese women happen to like pretty men?
        > >
        > >Really, you should see some of the men's fashion magazines in Japan. Puts
        > >our piddly little Western "metrosexuality" thing to shame.
        >
        > I gotta agree with that. They do androgyny way better than anyone else in
        > the world.
        >
        > OTOH, L'Arc n Ciel still look like guys to me, no matter how much makeup
        > they wear. :-)

        I agree on the tendency for Japanese men to have good gender bending
        skills. As
        I say, "Mana is one hot chick!"

        ~MardukZero
        -Can we go to the place where we're forgiven?-

        PS: Major delay in this post. Took me a couple days before my mailserver
        admin and me finally figured out the reason I couldn't send /out/ mail
        through SMTP was because my ISP (SBC Yahoo!) has a default block on port
        25 because of spammers and stuff. Long story short: finally it's
        working. X_X
      • shenotski
        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 9, 2005
          I find it ironic the entirly paradoxil nature of alot of this. A man is no
          longered alowed to be a man. And a women is no longered allowed to
          be a women. Given the commen theme's in alot of Yuri/Yaoi men have
          suddenly become the women and the women are now then men.

          Given that all of this is fiction Yaoi and Yuri have become a kind of mirror
          universe Not of the star treck veriaty but of the sexual. Men go off and
          have romantic flings, while the women go off and blow away a couple
          hundread people with machineguns. In this univserse the rules still aply
          but they have just been changed so given the reverse nature of this just
          imagine how we would be in it.

          Yuri con and Yaoi con are no more instead they have become Shojo con
          and shonen con. The basis of all dating is between those of the same
          gender everyone is assumed gay unless stated otherwise and many
          staite people are looks down on because of there sexual preferince. And
          low and behold hetro fiction has become quite popular online. Treck
          slash fic related to the female guest stars between kirk, not mr.spock.
          With gundam wing various fangirls soon over the thought of hero having
          sex with relena, and on the Shojo side Utena revolutionizes the world by
          not chsng anthy and becomes a princess to her real prince.

          This is the kind of world that exists in the relm where Yaoi/Yuri comes
          from. There are those who live in it that would love to be in a world like
          ours.

          Now is this world mad or sain i do like Utena ending up with anthy but if
          it was ok by socioty to let utena end up with anthy then she'd end up wit
          hher prince and here in lies a fun little paradox.

          Anyways got to go more on the mirror world later.
        • Aaron Moen
          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 9, 2005
            What is chsng?

            Message 5 of 17 , Sep 9, 2005
              thats me writing out chasing but without the i or a keys being pressed for
              some reason cause i was in a hurry.