Re: [Yuricon] New anime on Adult Swim - Naruto

    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 6, 2005
      >From: "M. Coleridge" <f4chaser@...>
      >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com

      >Can you tell me what is shounen-ai? Also, if there is a good site you
      >recommend for learning the different terms, sub-genres, etc.? Thanks

      Hi Marina -

      Shounenai is an outdated term. It was, for a while, used to mean stories of
      "boys in love". Shounen=boy, ai=love.

      Now the preferred term is "Boy's Love" in English. :-)

      Yaoi was the common term for the genre in between the two.

      You can find a reasonably up to date glossry of common (and less so) anime
      and manga terms on the Onna! website: http://www.onnafest.com (I referenced
      the exact page in my snarky comment to Craig, but don't have time to find it
      at this moment..)

      (In a rush, or she'd be more helpful)