[Semi Off-Topic] Zlay in Mordor?

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 31, 2005
      Those of you who have read any of the Strawberry Shake (now Strawberry
      Shake Sweet) manga from Yuri Shimai and Yuri Hime, might remember that
      there is a recurring set of characters called Zlay - the all-lesbian
      pop idol band.

      When I was in Tokyo, a lovely gentleman who goes by the name
      Touko_no_doriru gave me a doujinshi about Zlay and Kaoru (the
      hairdresser at Picaresque, also from SSS) drawn by Hayashya Shizuru's
      assistant.

      It's a whacky little doujinshi, about how the members of Zlay get
      Kaoru drunk and try to have their way with her but are defeated by her
      magical kissing skills.

      But that's not why I'm writing. I'm writing because last night, I was
      staring at the back cover of the doujinshi and noticed that it said:

      Zlay Bomb Tour '04 '05
      Tokyo Osaka Sapporo Beijing Shanghai Hong Kong Macau Cirith Ungol Taipei

      I read the list of cities like three times before I noticed the one
      that didn't fit. 0_o

      So apparently, Zlay has played at least once on the border of Mordor.
      Who knew? LOL

    • Ashley
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 31, 2005
        atheniag wrote:

        > Those of you who have read any of the Strawberry Shake (now Strawberry
        > Shake Sweet) manga from Yuri Shimai and Yuri Hime, might remember that
        > there is a recurring set of characters called Zlay - the all-lesbian
        > pop idol band.
        >
        > When I was in Tokyo, a lovely gentleman who goes by the name
        > Touko_no_doriru gave me a doujinshi about Zlay and Kaoru (the
        > hairdresser at Picaresque, also from SSS) drawn by Hayashya Shizuru's
        > assistant.
        >
        > It's a whacky little doujinshi, about how the members of Zlay get
        > Kaoru drunk and try to have their way with her but are defeated by her
        > magical kissing skills.
        >
        > But that's not why I'm writing. I'm writing because last night, I was
        > staring at the back cover of the doujinshi and noticed that it said:
        >
        > Zlay Bomb Tour '04 '05
        > Tokyo Osaka Sapporo Beijing Shanghai Hong Kong Macau Cirith Ungol Taipei
        >
        > I read the list of cities like three times before I noticed the one
        > that didn't fit. 0_o
        >
        > So apparently, Zlay has played at least once on the border of Mordor.
        > Who knew? LOL

        Yes, Im sure that undead Tolkien is delighted that lesbians are rocking
        out in Mordor. lol. You should scan in the back cover for us! :D

        Ashley
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 31, 2005
          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Ashley <dreamingxashley@g...> wrote:

          > > So apparently, Zlay has played at least once on the border of Mordor.

          > Yes, Im sure that undead Tolkien is delighted that lesbians are rocking
          > out in Mordor. lol. You should scan in the back cover for us! :D

          I can do better than that - somewhere in my ever-growing screensaver
          o'yuri, I'm pretty sure I have a scan of the entire cover, front and
          back. I'll see if I can locate it and upload it to the Files section. :-)

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 31, 2005

            > I can do better than that - somewhere in my ever-growing screensaver
            > o'yuri, I'm pretty sure I have a scan of the entire cover, front and
            > back.

            Okay, its not the greatest scan, but I didn't have to ruin my precious
            for it. I've added the Zlay doujinshi the Files section. :-)

          • barahime@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 3, 2005
              Thanks so much for sharing, Erica-san! I'd seen that
              image before, but never had any idea where it was
              from; now it's time to start (maybe vainly ^^;)
              searching for a copy! And I had myself a good giggle
              when I paid attention to the text - it says
              Performance in Asia over that list of cities, doesn't
              it? This should give those Middle Earth
              fan-cartographers something interesting to work with
              o.o

              ~Nanchan

              PS: Not to steal your thunder, but I went ahead and
              uploaded the image I had, since the text is a tiiiiny
              bit clearer.

              http://mail.yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 8, 2005
                >From: "barahime@..." <barahime@...>
                >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] [Semi Off-Topic] Zlay in Mordor?
                >Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 07:23:35 -0700 (PDT)

                Woops - i meant to respond to this a while back and it slipped my mind.

                >Thanks so much for sharing, Erica-san! I'd seen that
                >image before, but never had any idea where it was
                >from; now it's time to start (maybe vainly ^^;)
                >searching for a copy!

                Entirely my pleasure. Really, the only reason I haven't scanned the whole
                thing in was that I don't want to bend or hurt my precious copy.

                And I had myself a good giggle
                >when I paid attention to the text - it says
                >Performance in Asia over that list of cities, doesn't
                >it? This should give those Middle Earth
                >fan-cartographers something interesting to work with
                >o.o

                I can't believe I missed seeing that all the times I've read the thing, too.
                :-)

                >~Nanchan
                >
                >PS: Not to steal your thunder, but I went ahead and
                >uploaded the image I had, since the text is a tiiiiny
                >bit clearer.

                NO, please! Steal as much thunder as you can! I'm not in this for me. I'm
                trying to share interesting and fun yuri things with people - and everyone
                is welcome to contribute. So thank you for the picture. :-)