Re: Geneon and Maria-sama ga Miteru

  • aathsani
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 25, 2005
      Sounds like a plan Erica. Will you forward us the information on who
      to send the letters to etc (and provide a templates for those who need
      it) to?

      Maybe after we can talk about showcasing Marimite on LGBT film fest in
      the US.

      Then maybe we can conquer the world and spread the yuri love all over.

      Att
      > One last actually yuri-related note from Otakon: I spoke to the folks
      > at the Geneon booth about licensing Maria-sama ga Miteru. They were
      > very receptive. I strongly believe that I will begin a letter campaign
      > to them to encourage them licensing the anime. I'd like all of your
      > support.
      >
      > What I'm going to do is find out who to send the letters to, and the
      > right address, then draft a basic, polite request letter. If everyone
      > on this list mails (not emails) Geneon with a similar letter, they
      > will undoubtedly reconsider, at least.
      >
      > It'll take mere moments to do this and at the end, we should see
      > Marimite here in the US. I think its worth it, don't you?

    • Jen
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 26, 2005
        > They were very receptive.

        I for one can't wait until THE ROSE GIRLS (US name change pending) is
        released dubbed.

        Don't forget the Pencil boards. ^_^

        "Rei? For this picture, could you bend over a bit?"

        ... a bit more, honey.

        ... now stick it out a bit more.

        ... more.

        ... more, dammit! Guys are paying *money* for this!

        -_-

        Kisses XXOOXX
        Jen
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 26, 2005
          >From: Regina Buenaobra <sr388x@...>
          >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Geneon and Maria-sama ga Miteru
          >Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 12:00:58 -0400
          >

          >It's totally worth it. I'd participate.
          >
          >The Geneon people that I dealt with at Otakon were very very nice.

          I agree. And it was cool to see you, as well. -)

          Note for Aat - yes, I'll let people know who to send letters to. Promise.

        • Ashley
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 26, 2005
            Erica Friedman wrote:

            > >From: Regina Buenaobra <sr388x@...>
            > >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
            > >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Geneon and Maria-sama ga Miteru
            > >Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 12:00:58 -0400
            > >

            > >It's totally worth it. I'd participate.
            > >
            > >The Geneon people that I dealt with at Otakon were very very nice.
            >
            > I agree. And it was cool to see you, as well. -)
            >
            > Note for Aat - yes, I'll let people know who to send letters to. Promise.

            I would like it better if they didnt change the name for us "to stupid
            to read anything but english" americans... Everyone that wants this on
            DVD in the US knows and loves it under its real title or Marimite... so
            having it called something like Lilian Catholic Girls School or
            something equally inane would just be odd.

            Ashley
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 26, 2005
              >From: Ashley <dreamingxashley@...>
              >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Geneon and Maria-sama ga Miteru
              >Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 10:52:20 -0400

              >I would like it better if they didnt change the name for us "to stupid
              >to read anything but english" americans... Everyone that wants this on
              >DVD in the US knows and loves it under its real title or Marimite... so
              >having it called something like Lilian Catholic Girls School or
              >something equally inane would just be odd.

              When you write your letter, say that.

              I will be asking that, due to the complexity of the characters'
              relationships, that they leave the honorifics intact. It can't hurt to ask.