Re: [Yuricon] Still incoherent...but back

  • Kat Ehas
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 24, 2005
      > I never thought Ellen was funny either. And I always thought she was a
      > lesbian-because-its-popular... just to get attention or something.
      >
      > Ashley

      Actually, I was reading lesbian vibes from Ellen way back in the
      mid-80s. Her early stand-up was really good (or I thought it was,
      anyhow), so when she had a sitcom I was hopeful, and then VERY
      disappointed. And I knew so many people that I worked with who
      thought it was the greatest. Of course, most of those people probably
      abandoned the show when she came out, too.

      But the toaster gag (which involved the woman who made Ellen come to
      the realization that she was gay) was that the woman who "recruited"
      her got the toaster. I think that the joke went something like Ellen
      asking her what she got for "recruiting" lesbians, and the gal replied
      that they got a toaster once they had "recruited" five, or something
      like that. But it was the other gal that was due the toaster, for
      "recruiting" Ellen.

      Kat_chan, sad that she's remembering this