Re: [Yuricon] Picture from the Yuricon table at Comiket

  • Chalcahuite
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 14 9:54 AM

      On Aug 14, 2005, at 12:24 PM, Erica Friedman wrote:

      Hi all -

      Rica and Takami sent us this picture from Comiket today. Feel sympathy for
      them - they're sitting in bazillion degrees heat to do this!

      No AC at Tokyo Big Site? Lots of otaku, no AC, that must really suck. I think a medal of valor is probably in order for the two of them.
    • Ashley
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 14 10:14 AM
        Chalcahuite wrote:

        > On Aug 14, 2005, at 12:24 PM, Erica Friedman wrote:
        >
        >> Hi all -
        >>
        >> Rica and Takami sent us this picture from Comiket today. Feel
        >> sympathy for
        >> them - they're sitting in bazillion degrees heat to do this!
        >

        > No AC at Tokyo Big Site? Lots of otaku, no AC, that must really suck.
        > I think a medal of valor is probably in order for the two of them.
        >
        > -==-
        >
        > Serge
        >
        > http://ximatl.blogspot.com

        omg I forgot about the otaku... all that BO... Yes they deserve a medal
        of valour. hehe. I atleast hope they have fans to blow away all the
        otaku-smell. ^^;
        Everyone in Japan has a cellphone and the internet (apparently), but
        buildings still dont all have AC? lol

        Ashley
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 14 11:26 AM
          >From: Ashley <dreamingxashley@...>
          >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Picture from the Yuricon table at Comiket
          >Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 12:47:54 -0400
          >
          >Erica Friedman wrote:
          >
          > > Hi all -
          > >
          > > Rica and Takami sent us this picture from Comiket today.

          >Who is that at the table? Shes pretty. :)

          That's Rica Takashima, author and artist of "Rica 'tte Kanji!?"

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 14 11:28 AM
            >From: Ashley <dreamingxashley@...>
            >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com

            > > No AC at Tokyo Big Site? Lots of otaku, no AC, that must really suck.
            > > I think a medal of valor is probably in order for the two of them.

            >omg I forgot about the otaku... all that BO... Yes they deserve a medal
            >of valour. hehe. I atleast hope they have fans to blow away all the
            >otaku-smell. ^^;
            >Everyone in Japan has a cellphone and the internet (apparently), but
            >buildings still dont all have AC? lol

            It's not a building - it's like 8 airplane hangars attached by Grand Central
            Stations for hallways. It's well-named. :-)

          • barahime@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 16 8:21 PM
              Adorable picture; thanks for sharing it! I hope
              Rica-san was able to overcome the heat at Comiket. I'm
              loving those postcards (if that is indeed what they
              are), too - the little Rica-style Mai and Mikoto
              especially. Were there any left after the event, and
              does she have any plans to bring them to, say, the
              Yuricon shop? ^_^

              ~Nanchan

              http://mail.yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 17 5:15 AM
                --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "barahime@y..." <barahime@y...> wrote:

                > Adorable picture; thanks for sharing it! I hope
                > Rica-san was able to overcome the heat at Comiket. I'm
                > loving those postcards (if that is indeed what they
                > are), too - the little Rica-style Mai and Mikoto
                > especially. Were there any left after the event, and
                > does she have any plans to bring them to, say, the
                > Yuricon shop? ^_^

                She sent me a small packet of them which I'm bringing to Otakon. If
                there are any left after this weekend, I'll certainly make them
                available on the Shop. :-)

                She created these for the Yuricon in Tokyo event - there's 8 couples
                or so. All adorable, of course!