Re: [Yuricon] Picture from the Yuricon table at Comiket

  • Ashley
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 14, 2005
      Erica Friedman wrote:

      > Hi all -
      >
      > Rica and Takami sent us this picture from Comiket today. Feel sympathy
      > for
      > them - they're sitting in bazillion degrees heat to do this!

      Who is that at the table? Shes pretty. :)

      Ashley
    • Chalcahuite
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 14, 2005

        On Aug 14, 2005, at 12:24 PM, Erica Friedman wrote:

        Hi all -

        Rica and Takami sent us this picture from Comiket today. Feel sympathy for
        them - they're sitting in bazillion degrees heat to do this!

        No AC at Tokyo Big Site? Lots of otaku, no AC, that must really suck. I think a medal of valor is probably in order for the two of them.
      • Ashley
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 14, 2005
          Chalcahuite wrote:

          > On Aug 14, 2005, at 12:24 PM, Erica Friedman wrote:
          >
          >> Hi all -
          >>
          >> Rica and Takami sent us this picture from Comiket today. Feel
          >> sympathy for
          >> them - they're sitting in bazillion degrees heat to do this!
          >

          > No AC at Tokyo Big Site? Lots of otaku, no AC, that must really suck.
          > I think a medal of valor is probably in order for the two of them.
          >
          > -==-
          >
          > Serge
          >
          > http://ximatl.blogspot.com

          omg I forgot about the otaku... all that BO... Yes they deserve a medal
          of valour. hehe. I atleast hope they have fans to blow away all the
          otaku-smell. ^^;
          Everyone in Japan has a cellphone and the internet (apparently), but
          buildings still dont all have AC? lol

          Ashley
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 14, 2005
            >From: Ashley <dreamingxashley@...>
            >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Picture from the Yuricon table at Comiket
            >Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 12:47:54 -0400
            >
            >Erica Friedman wrote:
            >
            > > Hi all -
            > >
            > > Rica and Takami sent us this picture from Comiket today.

            >Who is that at the table? Shes pretty. :)

            That's Rica Takashima, author and artist of "Rica 'tte Kanji!?"

            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 14, 2005
              >From: Ashley <dreamingxashley@...>
              >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com

              > > No AC at Tokyo Big Site? Lots of otaku, no AC, that must really suck.
              > > I think a medal of valor is probably in order for the two of them.

              >omg I forgot about the otaku... all that BO... Yes they deserve a medal
              >of valour. hehe. I atleast hope they have fans to blow away all the
              >otaku-smell. ^^;
              >Everyone in Japan has a cellphone and the internet (apparently), but
              >buildings still dont all have AC? lol

              It's not a building - it's like 8 airplane hangars attached by Grand Central
              Stations for hallways. It's well-named. :-)

            • barahime@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 16, 2005
                Adorable picture; thanks for sharing it! I hope
                Rica-san was able to overcome the heat at Comiket. I'm
                loving those postcards (if that is indeed what they
                are), too - the little Rica-style Mai and Mikoto
                especially. Were there any left after the event, and
                does she have any plans to bring them to, say, the
                Yuricon shop? ^_^

                ~Nanchan

                http://mail.yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 17, 2005
                  --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "barahime@y..." <barahime@y...> wrote:

                  > Adorable picture; thanks for sharing it! I hope
                  > Rica-san was able to overcome the heat at Comiket. I'm
                  > loving those postcards (if that is indeed what they
                  > are), too - the little Rica-style Mai and Mikoto
                  > especially. Were there any left after the event, and
                  > does she have any plans to bring them to, say, the
                  > Yuricon shop? ^_^

                  She sent me a small packet of them which I'm bringing to Otakon. If
                  there are any left after this weekend, I'll certainly make them
                  available on the Shop. :-)

                  She created these for the Yuricon in Tokyo event - there's 8 couples
                  or so. All adorable, of course!