Kannazuki no Miko manga ending (spoilers!)

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3, 2005
      I received, among other things, a copy of Kannazuki no Miko, Vol. 2.
      Of course, I flipped through it pretty quickly to get the gist of how
      the story goes.

      (Please, if you are resaponding to this post, leave the spoiler space
      intact for the people who really don't want spoilers. Thansk)

      Short version, no spoilers: If you've seen the anime ending, you've
      seen the manga ending.

      Slightly longer version, with spoilers:

      SPOILER

      SPACE

      Okay, so it looks like the flute sequence is not a replacement for the
      later sexual assault. That happens as well. It also appears that the
      story plays out almost identically to the anime, with the "Graaah"-ing
      mecha and no real explanation.

      The end of the manga is almsot identical to the end of the anime: miko
      fight, Himeko stabs Chikane they kiss, Chikane heads up to the moon
      for eternal imprisonment.

      The only difference is that the epilogue is even less satisfying.

      Headline in English: Somehwere, someday

      a picture of Himeko and Chikane on a hill (on the moon?) with a
      glowing Earth above them, sitting together.

      That's it.

      So...yeah, it basically sucked. I realy feel like there were *alot* of
      wasted opportunites to make sense of the story and their relationship,
      but they were passed over for more non-sensical "graah"-ing.

      I'll review it in Okazu (http://okazu.blogspot.com) eventually, so
      keep an eye out for more details, but don't expect me to love this
      series more than I don't already.

    • u101_yoshimi@fastmail.fm
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3, 2005
        On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 16:51:41 -0000, "atheniag"
        <anilesbocon01@...> said:

        > I received, among other things, a copy of Kannazuki no Miko, Vol. 2.
        > Of course, I flipped through it pretty quickly to get the gist of how
        > the story goes.
        >

        > (Please, if you are resaponding to this post, leave the spoiler space
        > intact for the people who really don't want spoilers. Thansk)
        >

        > Short version, no spoilers: If you've seen the anime ending, you've
        > seen the manga ending.

        Emmm.... personally I wouldn't call it the same ending...

        > Slightly longer version, with spoilers:
        >

        > SPOILER
        >

        > SPACE
        >

        > Okay, so it looks like the flute sequence is not a replacement for the
        > later sexual assault. That happens as well. It also appears that the
        > story plays out almost identically to the anime,

        w00t!!! My opinion is exactly the opposite: story and characters in
        manga differs in _many_ ways... too lazy to list it now, I hope you'll
        change your point of view when you flip through the manga... a little
        bit deeper :)

        > with the "Graaah"-ing mecha and no real explanation.

        Okaay... so where the story told in _anime_ lack an explanation or
        sense. Because as long I don't care much for manga, I consider anime
        one or best I've seen since some time. Yes, plot-wise too.

        > The end of the manga is almsot identical to the end of the anime: miko
        > fight, Himeko stabs Chikane they kiss, Chikane heads up to the moon
        > for eternal imprisonment.
        >
        > The only difference is that the epilogue is even less satisfying.
        >
        > Headline in English: Somehwere, someday
        >
        > a picture of Himeko and Chikane on a hill (on the moon?) with a
        > glowing Earth above them, sitting together.
        >
        > That's it.

        This epilogue with headline in english was added by Kaishaku
        _after_ they ended the story published in Shounen Ace. Haven't
        seen this yet, but it could explain... something. Oh well, it's
        only the manga :P

        > So...yeah, it basically sucked. I realy feel like there were *alot* of
        > wasted opportunites to make sense of the story and their relationship,
        > but they were passed over for more non-sensical "graah"-ing.
        >
        > I'll review it in Okazu (http://okazu.blogspot.com) eventually, so
        > keep an eye out for more details, but don't expect me to love this
        > series more than I don't already.

        Oh yes, your love for Kannazuki fills the air.

        u101

        wherever you are
      • mellowrg
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 4, 2005
          Save yourself the trouble. You don't need to review this.

          No one likes the Kannaduki manga

          How about you review the Shinobuden manga running in Dengeki Daioh
          instead :)