Ikkitousen

  • Ashley
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 31, 2005
      5 Words: Big boobs and panty-shots. :P

      So, the other day my friend Lilith told me about how much she hated
      Battle Vixens (ikkitousen), and so, I decided to check it out... and Im
      so glad this anime isnt supposed to be serious, otherwise I think Id
      hate it. lol. I *was* going to count the number of panty-shots in the
      first episode like I did with Najica, but after counting 10 within the
      first five minutes I lost count and gave up. hehe.

      Its ridiculous to say the least, and the first things I thought of while
      watching it were Mai Hime and DBZ. The students clothes are almost
      identical (I think the guys clothes are) to the ones they wear in Mai
      Hime... and theres the bit about the soul bound to the magatama that
      reminds me of the birthmark that the Himes have. And finally, DBZ...
      well, thats just obvious lol.

      Yeah, so I like it, even if it is nothing but panty-shot fanservice and
      big-boobs...

      Ashley
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 1, 2005
        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Ashley <dreamingxashley@g...> wrote:

        > 5 Words: Big boobs and panty-shots. :P

        3 words: Ryofu and Ryomou.

        This anime is entirely crap, but they make it all worthwhile. (For me,
        at any rate.)

        Ryofu gets points for big yuri. Ryofu gets little yuri points and I
        like her 'cause I appreciate a woman who knows how to remove a joint
        from a socket.

      • Ashley
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 1, 2005
          atheniag wrote:

          > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Ashley <dreamingxashley@g...> wrote:
          >
          > > 5 Words: Big boobs and panty-shots. :P
          >
          > 3 words: Ryofu and Ryomou.
          >
          > This anime is entirely crap, but they make it all worthwhile. (For me,
          > at any rate.)
          >
          > Ryofu gets points for big yuri. Ryofu gets little yuri points and I
          > like her 'cause I appreciate a woman who knows how to remove a joint
          > from a socket.

          Yeah I knew you had mentioned yuri in the series in your review, :) But
          there isnt a single small chested girl in the whole series! And I think
          the only ones that havent exposed their undies to the entire populace
          (yet) is Hakufu's mother, and the guys. lol

          Ashley
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 1, 2005
            >From: Ashley <dreamingxashley@...>
            >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Re: Ikkitousen

            >Yeah I knew you had mentioned yuri in the series in your review, :) But
            >there isnt a single small chested girl in the whole series!

            I'm sorry...was there a correlation there??? Since this show is a boy
            fantasy, its unlikely that any of the women will be butchy.

            Ryofu is omnisexual, but ends up with Chinkyuu, her vassal (and lover.)

            And I think
            >the only ones that havent exposed their undies to the entire populace
            >(yet) is Hakufu's mother, and the guys. lol

            Goei saves her charms for Ryomou and, indeed, charms Ryomou quite
            thoroughly. :-)

          • Ashley
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 1, 2005
              Erica Friedman wrote:

              > >Yeah I knew you had mentioned yuri in the series in your review, :) But
              > >there isnt a single small chested girl in the whole series!
              >
              > I'm sorry...was there a correlation there??? Since this show is a boy
              > fantasy, its unlikely that any of the women will be butchy.
              >
              > Ryofu is omnisexual, but ends up with Chinkyuu, her vassal (and lover.)

              No, no correlation, just me smushing two thoughts together heh. ^^

              Ashley
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 12, 2005
                --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Adam Jones <adam@y...> wrote:

                > ...is out. Hooray!
                >

                > I'd just like to say:
                >
                > "Kokone always sleeps over."

                I *just* got a chance to read volume 13. I love that whole chapter!
                The way Makki realizes that she's never seen Alpha look that way
                before, and the way she runs off early to leave Kokone and Alpha alone
                together....

                Another happy-making Kokone x Alpha chapter. :-)

                On another note - it is truly amazing just how mature Alpha is
                compared with the early chapters of YKK. Robot or not, she had
                definitely grown up.

                Third and last gushy Alpha note. In the last chapter (I picked up the
                August copy of "Afternoon" magazine, because I could) the old Sensei
                (a woman I think is truly fabulous) gae Alpha a necklace. It is, as
                usual, a touching scene, which left Alpha in tears and me all misty.
                SOP for me and YKK. lol

                (who is pretending not to notice that she used three acronyms in one
                sentence....)