Strawberry Marshmellow (shake?)

  • Jen
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 30, 2005
      Since that ICHIGO MASHIMARO show is being talked about as much as ROD
      TV and MY HIME in their time, I thought it was best I check it out and
      see what all the hub-ub is, so I grabbed the fansubs of episodes 1 & 2
      (That's right! I said the F word!).

      I don't get it.

      Being a yuri ML, I'm guessing either Nobue is a 'cooler than thou'
      gaygirl (emulating her backpacking elder sister, YOTSUBATO's
      Torako)... or maybe this is a baby-dyke thang, and we're all supposed
      to cheer for Megane-Ko and Gaijin-Ko. Or maybe it's Slam-Ko, once she
      finishes writing that Love Umbrella in the opening.

      (I call her Slam-Ko in honor of the sound of impact she makes on the
      floor. It won over Sana-Ko & Mikan-Ko)

      Or maybe it's a voice actor thang. I *swear* I heard Shimako, Sei AND
      Kagura. I remember from past discussions that yuri voice actors get
      typecast a lot (Yeah, I consider Kagura yuri. Her & Tomo, with Yomi
      the Het Best Friend. Ah, such a love triangle!) ^_^

      Oh, and I wanna ferret now more than ever. That, and Slam-Ko is
      endlessly entertaining, as long as she lives up to her name. Ah yes,
      and that HA-RO scene was High-larious, by the way. ^___^

      Well, time to read all those old messages about this show. I read
      these things via the website, so they're all there ready and waiting.
      I'm sure once I catch up on what everyone's talking about, I'll see
      the yuri angle. Oh, and I remember Erica mentioning this series in
      her Blog too. Oooh, note to self: give Erica money. I hear she
      likes it.

      Kisses XXOOXX
      Jen
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 30, 2005
        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Jen" <puni@i...> wrote:
        > Since that ICHIGO MASHIMARO show is being talked about as much as
        ROD
        > TV and MY HIME in their time, I thought it was best I check it out
        and
        > see what all the hub-ub is, so I grabbed the fansubs of episodes 1 &
        2
        > (That's right! I said the F word!).

        Shock! ;-)

        > I don't get it.

        You mean in terms of yuri? Me neither.

        I think the Nobue yuri thing is because of that blurry line between
        moe/loli and yuri. I don;t see anything like Nobue being yuri, but I
        can make a rather convincing case for Miu having a raging crush on
        Nobue...and a minor case for Matsuri having a marginal thing for Ana
        (mostly based on the fourth volume of the manga.)

        > Or maybe it's a voice actor thang. I *swear* I heard Shimako, Sei
        AND
        > Kagura. I remember from past discussions that yuri voice actors get
        > typecast a lot (Yeah, I consider Kagura yuri. Her & Tomo, with Yomi
        > the Het Best Friend. Ah, such a love triangle!) ^_^

        The six dgress of yuri. I think I actually played that with this cast
        already a few weeks ago. You are not wrong - the seiyuu are yuri-
        licious.

        > Oh, and I wanna ferret now more than ever. That, and Slam-Ko is
        > endlessly entertaining, as long as she lives up to her name. Ah
        yes,
        > and that HA-RO scene was High-larious, by the way. ^___^

        Miu is the best thing about this series, without fail. I adore her.
        She's entered my personal list of great psychotic anime characters.

      • Ashley OhArrigan
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 30, 2005
          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Jen" <puni@i...> wrote:
          > I don't get it.
          >
          > Being a yuri ML, I'm guessing either Nobue is a 'cooler than thou'
          > gaygirl (emulating her backpacking elder sister, YOTSUBATO's
          > Torako)... or maybe this is a baby-dyke thang, and we're all
          supposed to cheer for Megane-Ko and Gaijin-Ko. Or maybe it's Slam-Ko,
          once she finishes writing that Love Umbrella in the opening.

          > (I call her Slam-Ko in honor of the sound of impact she makes on the
          > floor. It won over Sana-Ko & Mikan-Ko)
          >
          > Or maybe it's a voice actor thang. I *swear* I heard Shimako, Sei
          AND Kagura. I remember from past discussions that yuri voice actors
          get typecast a lot (Yeah, I consider Kagura yuri. Her & Tomo, with
          Yomi the Het Best Friend. Ah, such a love triangle!) ^_^

          Oh, and I wanna ferret now more than ever. That, and Slam-Ko is
          endlessly entertaining, as long as she lives up to her name. Ah yes,
          and that HA-RO scene was High-larious, by the way. ^___^

          > Well, time to read all those old messages about this show. I read
          > these things via the website, so they're all there ready and waiting.
          > I'm sure once I catch up on what everyone's talking about, I'll see
          > the yuri angle. Oh, and I remember Erica mentioning this series in
          > her Blog too. Oooh, note to self: give Erica money. I hear she
          > likes it.
          >

          > Kisses XXOOXX
          > Jen

          Well you should stop looking for yuri in the series, because I dont
          think there is any actual yuri, except for the slight yuri subtext as
          already mentioned. From what Ive seen, everyone is fan-girly about it
          because its sickeningly cute, and hilarious. Thats why I like it, I
          dont really care if there is any yuri in it... ;)

          Ashley
        • Ashley OhArrigan
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 30, 2005
            Ichigo Mashimaro #3 is up on Tokyotosho.com... its the raw though. :D

            Ashley
          • ibib0
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 5 12:02 PM
              --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Jen" <puni@i...> wrote:
              > Since that ICHIGO MASHIMARO show is being talked about as much as ROD
              > TV and MY HIME in their time, I thought it was best I check it out and
              > see what all the hub-ub is, so I grabbed the fansubs of episodes 1 & 2
              > (That's right! I said the F word!).

              Anybody knows where I can fine those episodes?
            • Ashley
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 5 5:28 PM
                ibib0 wrote:

                > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Jen" <puni@i...> wrote:
                > > Since that ICHIGO MASHIMARO show is being talked about as much as ROD
                > > TV and MY HIME in their time, I thought it was best I check it out and
                > > see what all the hub-ub is, so I grabbed the fansubs of episodes 1 & 2
                > > (That's right! I said the F word!).
                > >

                > Anybody knows where I can fine those episodes?

                tokyotosho.com First 3 eps, plus the prologue, you'll need a player that
                will render the subs for a mkv format though.

                Ashley