Kidou Shinsengumi Moeyo Ken

  • Abby Dear
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 27, 2005
      I picked up this series just lately but haven't had
      the time to watch it yet. Still...with three seemingly
      strong-charactered female leads saving Japan on a
      daily basis, (or so the summary goes) I'm *hoping*
      there *might* be some yuri that isn't blatant
      fanservice. And at the very least, even with the
      absence of yuri, that it'll shape up to be a good
      series...plus since Mai-HiME's been gone we haven't
      seen any really cool girls doing serious ass-kicking.
      *sighs*

      It started off as an OVA, but I don't have that. All I
      have is the first three episodes of the TV series.
      Here's an excerpt courtesy of ANN.com. It's for the
      OVA though, not the TV series, but it shouldn't be too
      far off.

      "Genres: Adventure, Comedy, Historical

      Plot Summary: Set in the Meiji era, Kidou Shinsengumi
      Moeyo Ken tells the story of Kondou Yuuko, Hijikata
      Toshie and Okita Kaoru. These three are the daughters
      of former Shinsengumi members and, in the same fashion
      as their fathers were, they get called upon to protect
      Japan from its current problems. Much of their work
      deals with vanquishing the mysterious paranormal
      phenomena springing up ever more frequently in the
      Kyoto area and defending the city from any other
      dangers that may arise."

      Monster of the Day again, anyone?

      If anyone contributes anything else before me that'd
      be nice. Otherwise I'll just put my two cents in again
      when I finally squeeze enough timeout to watch it.

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs