New Season so far

  • Chalcahuite
    Message 1 of 46 , Jul 6, 2005
      So, I've downloaded and attempted to watch the 2 new Okusan wa . . . . shows that debuted this week. Couldn't make it past the first two minutes before I was bored with both premises.

      Also just watched Akahori Gedou Hour Rabuge, after reading a write up over at Omni's anime blog.
      Over the years I think I've developed a highly refined sense of crap, so it's with some authority that I say that this is grade A crap right here. LOL. AGHR is a parody show, featuring two sets of magical girls. Love Pheromone and Gedou Otometai. Love Pheromone (Manami and Kaoruko) asks the question, what if the Dirty Pair were magical girls? and then shows us the answer.  Gedou Otometai is a family of sisters covering the gamut of popular fetishes, loli, big breasts, meganekko, etc.  They exist in the same city and I imagine at some point will face off against each other, I'm not really sure, as I lost most of the dialogue. There are some jokes in here that I'm clearly not getting,
      Anyway, the point of all this is that Manami of Love Pheromone seems to like girls and is an unabashed loli and big breast freak, while her more butchy partner appears to be a closet shota/yaoi freak. So here's another yuri played for laugh shows, though we'll see if Manami and her partner follow that other great Dirty Pair tradition. ;)
      So this might be worth checking out, if you like stupid crap. *cough*Erica.*cough* I'm on board for at least a few more episodes, though YMMV.

      Anybody else see anything with potential?
      Message 46 of 46 , Aug 2, 2005
        >From: Ashley <dreamingxashley@...>
        >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [Yuricon] V-Hunter
        >Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 11:35:56 -0400
        >
        >Seriously, that manga was just demented. lol. It was great. Im glad it
        >was translated. ^_^

        Me too. Like I always say, *this* is the kind of thing that fansubbers and
        scanlators should do - take unavailable, out of print works and making them
        available to fans.

        Thanks once again to Lililicious!