A very sad story from Tampa involving our beloved Utena.

  • Jeyl
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6, 2005
      It all started at the Anime convention that was taking place in
      Tampa a few weeks ago. I got to meet the voice actress who played
      Hyatt from Excel Saga, meet Vic who does Edward Elric's voice for
      Full Metal Alchemist (Who is a huge Star Wars fan. One look at my MR
      pin, and he pulled me over to the side and we talked about
      lightsabers during the signing event!) and I even had Luci Christian
      (Who does the voice of Sashi from Abenobashi, and the teacher Yukari
      from Azu!) sign my iPod case. Why? I would have asked her to sign my
      Abenobashi box, but I smashed it the moment I finished the last
      episode. The iPod had the only thing I wouldn't let go of from that
      series, which was the soundtrack. Oh, she also wrote "you pervert"
      when she signed my program. I love this life.

      Anyways, now on to the big stuff. I go to the dealers room, and
      I find out that they are selling almost every DVD ever made. I had a
      hard time deciding on what to buy. I just finished R.O.D., I was gut
      stuck with Stelvia (Only watched one episode, yet I own volumes 1-5),
      and I had a thing for the soundtracks, which the current stock was
      pretty lousy. So, I asked an attendent who was working behind the
      dealer table what she recommended. Long story short, I found out that
      they had the Utena box sets. The "Rose Collection", "Apocalypse
      Saga", and the "Black Rose Saga" sets. Nice. Well, after winning a
      bet with my padre, I was able to grab both sets! It even had the Pink
      Clear keepcase of the Utena movie! I was so happy!

      The next day I was all on my own. I decided to say hi to the
      voice actors again, check out the game room, and see if anything new
      popped up at the dealers room. Than it happened. Ada Wong was there!
      Or at least, a girl wearing Ada Wong cosplay. Ada is my favorie
      character from the Resident Evil series, so I had to grab a picture!
      I rushed across the street, picked up a disposable camera, and took
      about 6 pictures of her. Leon, Ashelly, and the chainsaw sisters were
      also there, but they felt bumbed out that I was excited that someone
      dressed up as Ada. Well, I get them developed, and I realized the
      flash wasn't on. I guess that's what happens when you use a digital
      camera that automatically uses flash for far too long. DARN YOU
      KODAK! But thank you for the effort.

      With all that said and done, I walked home with my complete Utena DVD
      sets, my "pervert" signed program, my second (unintentional) copy of
      Trigun Maximum volume 4, and a roll of dark film. Than I realized all
      too late, I FORGOT TO GET THE UTENA SOUNDTRACKS!

      Now here it is, your Moment of Zen.
      "Why did you bring me here?"
      "Because you're trying to become tainted by Yuri!"

      End of line,
      Ted