Re: Shinobuden Licesened

  • Jen
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 5, 2005
      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Royi Eltink <royi@e...> wrote:
      > Ashley wrote:
      > > Mrr... Im leary of anyone liscencing Marimite... I know they dont
      make
      > > yuri couples into kissing cousins anymore..."

      And now, a salutory twanging of the banjo for everyone's fave kissin'
      cousins. ^_^

      http://punistation.fuyucorp.biz/puni/Yuri/Yeehaw/

      As for licensing MariaMite...

      From: "Jen" <puni@i...>
      Date: Sat Jul 24, 2004 12:29 am
      Subject: Is Maria-sama still lililicious?

      "Assuming a license is forthcoming, and a dub is the natural result,
      what will they call the Virgin? Westerners call her 'Mary', and Japan
      calls her "Maria." Will the dub cast say 'Mary', thus renaming the
      series 'MaryMite' and so on? If they localise that name, will they
      localise others? Will Sachiko become Sarah, Yumi become Bluto, etc?
      How will they justify renaming somecharacters but not others?"

      Heh. Can't believe I actually *remember* that conversation. It was a
      YEAR ago! >_<

      Speaking of Yahoo remembering all our ravings...

      Kisses XXOOXX
      Jen
    • Royi Eltink
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 11, 2005
        Jen wrote:
        > And now, a salutory twanging of the banjo for everyone's fave kissin'
        > cousins. ^_^
        >
        > http://punistation.fuyucorp.biz/puni/Yuri/Yeehaw/
        >
        > As for licensing MariaMite...

        If you collect marimite stuff like that... I found a couple of
        4chan-leftovers on my disk: http://members.lycos.nl/vanspeyck/marimitestuff/
        Note: there are a few files with the filename not_worsafe_[number].jpg..
        This means that the image is not worksafe (duh). You don't want to be
        the first who gets fired for looking at kissin' cousins don't you. ;)

        - Ro'