Re: [Yuricon] Shinobuden Licesened

  • Royi Eltink
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 4, 2005
      Ashley wrote:
      > Mrr... Im leary of anyone liscencing Marimite... I know they dont make
      > yuri couples into kissing cousins anymore (as if that is somehow more
      > acceptible than being gay). But theres the problem of butchering the

      Well, in some countries kissing is a normal way of greating each other
      (mostly kissing each other from the same sex). And maybe (I'm not sure)
      this is also familiar for people from the same family in the US.

      Ahh, I can still picture the face of this american dude who was kissed
      on the mouth by us while we said: "yes, this is the normal way to greet
      each other here.." (of course, we were kidding around ;D)

      Anyway, back to "American Standards"... I wondered about it sometime, it
      was in the heavily censored Pokemon manga (yes, that manga that was from
      the same author who also drew "Anal Justice" and the likes)... I mean,
      the censoring was so rigorous and obvious, the taliban couldn't have
      done a better job. But a couple of comics later we _do_ see a pregnant
      Jesse with her transsexual husband, James (note the wedding rings). But
      Jesse is just 17 years old. They either forgot to censor this detail, or
      for some mysterious reason is more accepted. ~_~

      > script, choosing the wrong voice-actors, making Yumi sound like a whiney
      > brat, changing the names of the characters... and other stuff.

      Isn't she a whiney brat? :D
      NOFI, but it's either that I havent seen Marimite in a long time, or
      that I read to many doujinshi and hang out too much on imageboards.

      - Uncle Ro'
    • Jen
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 5, 2005
        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Royi Eltink <royi@e...> wrote:
        > Ashley wrote:
        > > Mrr... Im leary of anyone liscencing Marimite... I know they dont
        make
        > > yuri couples into kissing cousins anymore..."

        And now, a salutory twanging of the banjo for everyone's fave kissin'
        cousins. ^_^

        http://punistation.fuyucorp.biz/puni/Yuri/Yeehaw/

        As for licensing MariaMite...

        From: "Jen" <puni@i...>
        Date: Sat Jul 24, 2004 12:29 am
        Subject: Is Maria-sama still lililicious?

        "Assuming a license is forthcoming, and a dub is the natural result,
        what will they call the Virgin? Westerners call her 'Mary', and Japan
        calls her "Maria." Will the dub cast say 'Mary', thus renaming the
        series 'MaryMite' and so on? If they localise that name, will they
        localise others? Will Sachiko become Sarah, Yumi become Bluto, etc?
        How will they justify renaming somecharacters but not others?"

        Heh. Can't believe I actually *remember* that conversation. It was a
        YEAR ago! >_<

        Speaking of Yahoo remembering all our ravings...

        Kisses XXOOXX
        Jen
      • Royi Eltink
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 11, 2005
          Jen wrote:
          > And now, a salutory twanging of the banjo for everyone's fave kissin'
          > cousins. ^_^
          >
          > http://punistation.fuyucorp.biz/puni/Yuri/Yeehaw/
          >
          > As for licensing MariaMite...

          If you collect marimite stuff like that... I found a couple of
          4chan-leftovers on my disk: http://members.lycos.nl/vanspeyck/marimitestuff/
          Note: there are a few files with the filename not_worsafe_[number].jpg..
          This means that the image is not worksafe (duh). You don't want to be
          the first who gets fired for looking at kissin' cousins don't you. ;)

          - Ro'