Re: [Yuricon] More Licensing news

  • Chalcahuite
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 3 6:46 AM
      On Jul 3, 2005, at 4:08 AM, Sean Gaffney wrote:

      On 2 Jul 2005 at 23:49, Chalcahuite wrote:

      Bandai announced today they're doing Mai-HiME, also Fate/Stay Night before it's even aired and
      Starship Operators
      and
      Geneon's got Kannaduki no Miko
      Still no Marimite.
      I think somebody should ask Geneon at their next panel at the next convention if they have any
      plans at all to bring that over. If nobody asks before Otakon, I'll do it.

      Kannaduki and Fate/Stay are filled with cool battles.  If MariMite does a series 3 and
      Yumi pilots a giant robot, I think Geneon might take a chance.  As it stands, with the
      anime market shrinking a bit, and with its very limited potential audience, I think
      Geneon will point at you and laugh.

      But hey, I'm cynical.

      Really? I never noticed. ;)

      Well, at least we will have gotten an answer.

      If that's the case, that means it will still be available once Yuricon gets itself in a position to license and package anime. ;)

    • Ashley
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 3 10:05 AM
        With Star Wars episode 3 is still fresh in our minds, I found this pic,
        its an Azumanga cartoon someone posted on /azu/ lol.

        http://saber.dreamhost.com/azu/src/1120381616088.jpg

        --Ashley
      • Stacy
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 3 2:49 PM
          Hey all,

          Regarding Geneon, I will be at a Retailers Convention in September. Last year they were at the convention unveiling new projects ect. One of the cool things about the retailers convention is most of the major companies in comics, CCGs and anime show presentations of the products they are coming out with.

          If you guys want to put together a list of projects you think they *might* take, I will present them with the list and ask if they intend to do any of them.

          Also, Viz, CPM and Tokyopop might be there as well. I don't always get to read all the posts on this list, so if you have something you want me to ask, put my name, Stacy, in the title and I will be sure to read it.

          Thanks,
          Stacy