Re: Eternal - lesbian vampire movie

  • silverluna22
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 25, 2005
      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Ashley <dreamingxashley@g...> wrote:

      I know I barely ever posted ever since I suscribed to this group
      but... This post just made me smile. Eh, who would've though a
      Quebecker movie'd get released in US? That happens so rarely. And I
      think this movie's been released here -- in Quebec -- for awhile;
      kind of funny to hear about it on this forum.

      I think I'll just shut up now...

      ~Luna

      > Hmm I thought she was Romanian... but either way, its another
      > southern-slavic cultural icon rendered into a vampire because of a
      blood
      > fetish.. Thankyou Bram Stoker! lol.
      >
      > Sounds like a cool movie, even if it does sound gorey. :D
      >
      > --Ashley
      >
      > Shimako Toudou wrote:
      >
      > > Toss another flick into the killer lesbian vampire genre of film!
      > >
      > > I saw the movie "Eternal" last night at the San Francisco
      > > International LGBT film festival. It's partly based on the true
      story
      > > of Erzebet Bathory, a Hungarian countess who killed hundreds of
      young
      > > women in the 17th century for amusement and to allegedly bathe in
      > > their blood to look youthful forever. Anyway, the movie had very
      > > lovely cinematography and a cool villainess. The hero of the
      movie is
      > > a laughable jerk. The audience was not at all sympathetic to his
      > > plight, which could be a deathknell in some movies, but in this
      one,
      > > the villainess was so alluring and her minion so clumsy, you
      can't
      > > help but cheer for the pair. As a bonus, there's a minor
      character who
      > > fits the mold of the techno geek meganekko (in the spirit of
      Kouran
      > > from Sakura Taisen or Sora Hasegawa from Ah! My Goddess) to a
      tee.
      > > There were many unintentionally hilarious moments in Eternal, so
      I'd
      > > classify it as a campy killer lesbian vampire film... or was this
      > > being redundant? It may be silly, but the movie was really
      > > entertaining.
      > >
      > > Listing at IMDB: http://imdb.com/title/tt0382019/
      > >
      > > According to this, the movie will go into limited release in the
      US in