Gokujou Seitokai 12

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 24, 2005
      A great episode from a series that's been way more enjoyable than it
      has a right to be.

      Episode 12 is Kanade and Nanaho's back story - and for once, it was
      not Kanade who saves the damsel in distress. :-)

      Purty picture to look at while I talk...
      http://zip.2chan.net/7/src/1119460215770.jpg

      Is it wrong that I now find myself liking Kaori? She's really pretty
      normal, compared to all the others. Not only has she proved to not be
      the evil ojou-sama she started out with, she's smart, loyal, and kind
      of funny, even when she's being the straight guy.

      One last random GS comment - I adore Cyndi's voice. It's like Maggie
      Mui from ROD The TV speaking English on Valium. lol

      The soccer episode was fun, but give me a tear-jerker, cool butchy
      girl saves damsel in distress episode any day. :-)

    • mellowrg
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 30, 2005

        > The soccer episode was fun, but give me a tear-jerker, cool butchy
        > girl saves damsel in distress episode any day. :-)

        I hated the soccer episode. I really did. *curls into a fetal position*
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 30, 2005
          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "mellowrg" <mellowrg@y...> wrote:
          > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "atheniag" <anilesbocon01@h...>
          wrote:

          > > The soccer episode was fun, but give me a tear-jerker, cool butchy
          > > girl saves damsel in distress episode any day. :-)
          > >

          > I hated the soccer episode. I really did. *curls into a fetal
          position*

          I felt that way about this latest episode, 13. It had just about every
          tired cliche it could have squeezed in.

          I admit that the joke about Nanaho's and Kuon's room was moderately
          amsuing, if obvious, but the "obnoxious little sister who wreaks
          havoc" is quite possibly my least favorite plot complication ever
          (after full body falling down on someone Character A want but will
          never have the balls to have.)

          And we really need to lose the losing glasses gag. It's well beyond
          beaten to death.

          Who wished the animators had stuck a copy of Yuri Shimai on Nanaho and
          Kuon's shelf. lol