Re: What are we watching Re: [Yuricon] Pimping for Gokujou Seitokai

  • Chalcahuite
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 9 8:29 AM

      From: Chalcahuite <ximatl@...>

      There's been very little that's appealed to me this season, I find  myself
      eagerly awaiting the few shows I have been following.

      Yes, I'm in the excat same place. I'm basically only watching Speed Grapher
      (upon Masako-san's suggestion that night at dinner - remember?) and Gokujou
      Seitokai.

      Yes, I remember her mentioning that. I read a couple of reviews on some anime blogs on that and I never got around to downloading it.  Is it really as cool and stylish as they say?

      And Doctor Who, but that's a different thing. :-)

      Of course.

      I am making myself watch That is My Master, raw, with no sound, and skipping
      over whole chunks. lol I think I'm done though - there will be no new jokes,
      just new characters to add one more fetish into the already vile stew. I
      cannot remember another series that wasn't overt, nasty, hentai that made me
      feel so gross.

      I figured this series would make you all stabby, so I can't believe you made it that far.

      I'm also watching Emma, because its a lot better than I expected it to be.
      :-)

      I'm watching this too, for the same reasons.

      And of course, the inevitable One Piece, which I adore. Nico Robin is da
      bomb. I'm so into the current arc in the manga, because its all about her.

      I started watching the dub on CN on Saturday nights, well, because it was on.

      Other stuff:

      Trinity Blood: It's got vampires, of course, I'm watching it. This show is cross between Hellsing and Vampire Hunter D, with a little Vash the Stampede thrown in, to lighten things up. It's stylish but average really.

      Gundam Seed Destiny. A) It's Gundam, it's like watching Enterprise or Voyager, you watch because it's the latest incarnation of the franchise. B) It's become this fantastic train wreck of a production, weak plot, bad writing, lack of character development for established characters, it's great. ;)

      Sousei no Aquarion I've mentioned before. I'm really only watching to see if the akogare goes somewhere. The story and the rest of the characters are not really all that interesting.

      The nice thing is that all the 2003-4 high octane yuri series are all on DVD
      now, so I have something to watch that doesn't suck. Just watched ROD The TV
      6, woot.  Okazu review to come shortly.

      If 2004 was the year Yuri was front and center, 2005 is the year of the side character yuri. Mai HiME, Bleach, Loveless, etc.

      I have the Ichigo Mashimaro prologue at home, and I'm actually looking
      forward to it with a vengeance, hich worries me deeply.

      Yeah...it's a low-yuri season, alright.

      Well, we'll see what happens in the fall.
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 9 11:35 AM
        >From: Chalcahuite <ximatl@...>
        >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com

        >Yes, I remember her mentioning that. I read a couple of reviews on some
        >anime blogs on that and I never got around to downloading it. Is it
        >really as cool and stylish as they say?

        I don't know that I'd call it stylish at all - gritty, yes, stylish? Not so
        much. The first 8 episodes were really interesting and different, but now
        they seem to be settling into a MotD (mutant of the Day) sort of episodic
        thing and I'm not sure I'm as interested. I'll certainly hang around for a
        little while longer and see if it actually goes anywhere, because I think it
        can and I am hoping it will.

        >>I am making myself watch That is My Master, raw, with no sound, and
        >>skipping
        >>over whole chunks.
        >
        >I figured this series would make you all stabby, so I can't believe you
        >made it that far.

        Very stabby. I definitely think that this is one of those series that if a
        person thinks, "hey this is funny and sexy" I think, "Hey - you are a
        loser."

        >>I'm also watching Emma, because its a lot better than I expected it to
        >>be.
        >>:-)
        >
        >I'm watching this too, for the same reasons.

        Wasn't the last episode adorable? Pattie was scandalized at William's
        forwardness.

        >I started watching the dub on CN on Saturday nights, well, because it was
        >on.

        It's not a terrible dub. No one will ever equal Tanaka Mayumi's voice as
        Luffy, but the VAs are decent enough.

        >Other stuff:
        >
        >Trinity Blood: It's got vampires, of course, I'm watching it. This show is
        >cross between Hellsing and Vampire Hunter D, with a little Vash the
        >Stampede thrown in, to lighten things up. It's stylish but average really.

        I watched about ten minutes of that, decided I'd seen it all already and
        stopped.

        >Gundam Seed Destiny. A) It's Gundam, it's like watching Enterprise or
        >Voyager, you watch because it's the latest incarnation of the franchise.
        >B) It's become this fantastic train wreck of a production, weak plot, bad
        >writing, lack of character development for established characters, it's
        >great. ;)

        Great.

        >Sousei no Aquarion I've mentioned before. I'm really only watching to see
        >if the akogare goes somewhere. The story and the rest of the characters
        >are not really all that interesting.

        Let us know.

        >If 2004 was the year Yuri was front and center, 2005 is the year of the
        >side character yuri. Mai HiME, Bleach, Loveless, etc.

        Yes. I hope that the new Yuri Hime will bring out a resurgence in yuri.

        If not, at least we'll have the next Strawberry Shae to read.