Dykes to Watch Out For

  • Jen
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 4, 2005
      Just before I go to sleep (Sign o' the times. "Turn that sh*t off!"
      now means the computer), has anyone here given the thumbs up to Alison
      Bechdel's DYKES TO WATCH OUT FOR series?

      I bring it up under YuriCon's nationality non-committal 'girls...
      animated' policy, since it's not JP anime.

      I ask because I've just been given volumes 1 & 2. My dad had noticed
      we've had an absolutely horrid week, so he bought me both (plus the
      collected GHOST WORLD). Have I mentioned my Dad is the coolest evar?
      ^_^

      (Yes, this is the same Dad who said I could dyke out all I want, but
      if I ever brought a boy home, he'd shoot them in the face.
      Apparently, he can "trust" a girl with me.) x_x

      Kisses XXOOXX
      Jen
    • Regina Buenaobra
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 4, 2005
        One of my friends let me read some of her DTWOF comics, and they're a good read.

        Regina

        On 6/4/05, Jen <puni@...> wrote:
        > Just before I go to sleep (Sign o' the times. "Turn that sh*t off!"
        > now means the computer), has anyone here given the thumbs up to Alison
        > Bechdel's DYKES TO WATCH OUT FOR series?
        >
        > I bring it up under YuriCon's nationality non-committal 'girls...
        > animated' policy, since it's not JP anime.
        >
        > I ask because I've just been given volumes 1 & 2. My dad had noticed
        > we've had an absolutely horrid week, so he bought me both (plus the
        > collected GHOST WORLD). Have I mentioned my Dad is the coolest evar?
        > ^_^
        >
        > (Yes, this is the same Dad who said I could dyke out all I want, but
        > if I ever brought a boy home, he'd shoot them in the face.
        > Apparently, he can "trust" a girl with me.) x_x
        >
        > Kisses XXOOXX
        > Jen

      • Ashley
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 4, 2005
          Jen wrote:

          > Just before I go to sleep (Sign o' the times. "Turn that sh*t off!"
          > now means the computer), has anyone here given the thumbs up to Alison
          > Bechdel's DYKES TO WATCH OUT FOR series?
          >
          > I bring it up under YuriCon's nationality non-committal 'girls...
          > animated' policy, since it's not JP anime.
          >
          > I ask because I've just been given volumes 1 & 2. My dad had noticed
          > we've had an absolutely horrid week, so he bought me both (plus the
          > collected GHOST WORLD). Have I mentioned my Dad is the coolest evar?
          > ^_^
          >
          > (Yes, this is the same Dad who said I could dyke out all I want, but
          > if I ever brought a boy home, he'd shoot them in the face.
          > Apparently, he can "trust" a girl with me.) x_x
          >
          > Kisses XXOOXX
          > Jen

          lmao. Thats funny about your dad. No boys, but play with all the girls
          you want. hehe. He sounds cool. :)

          --Ashley