Re: new Lililicious release - Yuri Tengoku one-shot

    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 3, 2005
      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Erin Subramanian <esubramanian1@c...>
      wrote:
      > Tonight's release, "Friends," is the story of two particular girls
      who
      > become friends, one of whom just happens to be the Board Chairman of
      > their school.

      Excellent - many thanks.

      Hey - did you happen to hear that there'll be a second issue of "[es]
      - Eternal Sisters"? I reviewed the first one on Okazu, (http://okazu.
      blogspot.com/2004/10/es-eternal-sisters-yuri-anthology_13.html) in
      October 2004. I liked it better all around than Yuri Tengoku. So a new
      issue would be way cool.

      Onna! Festival of women's roles in animation and comics
      By women, about women, for everyone
      October 8-10, 2005
      http://www.onnafest.com
    • Erin Subramanian
      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 3, 2005
        atheniag wrote:

        >Excellent - many thanks.

        You're welcome. :)

        >Hey - did you happen to hear that there'll be a second issue of "[es]
        >- Eternal Sisters"? I reviewed the first one on Okazu, (http://okazu.
        >blogspot.com/2004/10/es-eternal-sisters-yuri-anthology_13.html) in
        >October 2004. I liked it better all around than Yuri Tengoku. So a new
        >issue would be way cool.

        I didn't hear that, but that's great news!
        I've read your review of [es] but haven't picked up a copy for myself
        yet, though I'd like to someday. :) If the second is as good as the
        first, I'll have to pick up both sometime. I'll look forward to reading
        your review of the second, if you end up writing one. :)

        Erin
      • Ashley
        Message 3 of 15 , Jun 5, 2005
          I drew some comics... these are the results of conversations in #lili
          lol. Buncha wierdos... :P

          http://www.deviantart.com/view/19075420/
          http://www.deviantart.com/view/19113343/

          --Ashley
        • Jeyl
          Message 4 of 15 , Jun 5, 2005

            I drew some comics... these are the results of conversations in #lili
            lol.  Buncha wierdos... :P

            I don't get it. Is it supposed to mean that you can't eat Jello with chop sticks? Cause eating Jello with chop sticks looks pretty hard.

            Cool.

            On another note, we've got 16 days till the final volume of R.O.D. will finally be released. I'm so nervouse, I'm afraid the series will end just like that Abenobashi series did!

            (My Reaction to the oncoming onslaught of the end of Abenobashi)
            Ted: Sasshi! Don't you do it! Don't you ruin that girls dreams just because things are going bad! Things change!
            Sasshi: I'm going to do it! I will make Arumi happy! The moral of this story is that bratty children will always get their way in the end!
            Ted: No!
            Sasshi: Well, being human, having your health is what's most important.
            Ted: You Pajama-Wearing, Basket-Face, Slipper-Wielding, Clype-Dreep-Bachle, Gether-Uping-Blate-Maw, Bleathering, Gomeril Jessie, Oaf-looking, Scooner, Nyaff, Plookie, Shan Milk-Drinking Soy-Faced Shilpit, Mim-Moothed, Sniverling, Worm-eyed, Hotten-Blaugh Vile Stoochie, Cully Breek-Tattie! I'm gona turn your head into a flour sifter!

            And like that, the series that I thought would be a cool run, made a 190 degree turn towards an ending worse than Evangelion. Will ROD suffer the same fate? I'm scarred!
          • Ashley
            Message 5 of 15 , Jun 5, 2005
              Jeyl wrote:

              >> I drew some comics... these are the results of conversations in #lili
              >> lol. Buncha wierdos... :P
              >>
              >> http://www.deviantart.com/view/19075420/
              >
              > I don't get it. Is it supposed to mean that you can't eat Jello with
              > chop sticks? Cause eating Jello with chop sticks looks pretty hard.

              I guess its just what I thought of when thinking how a japanese person
              would react to jello for the first time or something... *shrugs*

              --Ashley
            • Erin Subramanian
              Message 6 of 15 , Oct 28, 2005
                "Princess Academy" is about girls who are training to be "illusionists."
                It's the final story of the /Yuri Tengoku/ anthology.

                As always, the release can be downloaded in the channel on irc
                (http://www.lililicious.net ).