Re: [Yuricon] Scoop - Yuri Shimai is reborn!

    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 2, 2005
      >From: Erin Subramanian <esubramanian1@...>
      >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Scoop - Yuri Shimai is reborn!
      >Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 08:52:37 -0400

      >Morishima Akiko: don't think she's done anything in Yuri Shimai before,
      >but you've probably heard Erica mention her--she's a member of the
      >circle Girlish, was at Yuricon in Tokyo, etc.

      Actually, she did do something for a previous YS. One of the cute little
      angel girl stories, the title of which has completely escaped me.

      >Hope this was informative! :)

      Thank you! I was going to get around to this, but have been a little busy -
      you saved me alot of time. :-)

    • Erin Subramanian
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 2, 2005
        Erica Friedman wrote:

        >>Morishima Akiko: don't think she's done anything in Yuri Shimai before,
        >>but you've probably heard Erica mention her--she's a member of the
        >>circle Girlish, was at Yuricon in Tokyo, etc.
        >>

        >Actually, she did do something for a previous YS. One of the cute little
        >angel girl stories, the title of which has completely escaped me.

        Oh, Angels' Wings (Tenshi no Hane), from Yuri Shimai 2. I always forget
        about those short color stories. ^^

        >>Hope this was informative! :)
        >>

        >Thank you! I was going to get around to this, but have been a little busy -
        >you saved me alot of time. :-)

        You're welcome. :)

        Erin
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 2, 2005
          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Erin Subramanian <esubramanian1@c...>
          wrote:
          > Erica Friedman wrote:
          >
          > >>Morishima Akiko: don't think she's done anything in Yuri Shimai
          before,
          > >>but you've probably heard Erica mention her--she's a member of the
          > >>circle Girlish, was at Yuricon in Tokyo, etc.
          > >>

          > >Actually, she did do something for a previous YS. One of the cute
          little
          > >angel girl stories, the title of which has completely escaped me.
          > >

          > Oh, Angels' Wings (Tenshi no Hane), from Yuri Shimai 2. I always forget
          > about those short color stories. ^^

          That's the one!

          I didn't notice that the Yuricon report would be a manga....I read it
          as Yuricon Report (comma implied) Yuri manga, anime shoukai...but now
          that you point it out, it *does* say "Yuricon Report manga, Yuri anime
          introductions," etc...

          How terrifying. I shudder to think.

          Onna! Home of "Project Manga"
          http://www.onnafest.com
        • Erin Subramanian
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 2, 2005
            atheniag wrote:

            >I didn't notice that the Yuricon report would be a manga....I read it
            >as Yuricon Report (comma implied) Yuri manga, anime shoukai...but now
            >that you point it out, it *does* say "Yuricon Report manga, Yuri anime
            >introductions," etc...
            >
            >How terrifying. I shudder to think.

            Face it, Erica, it's your destiny to be drawn into manga. All these
            one-time appearances are leading up to a serialized manga about your
            adventures and trials as a yuri idol. This will shortly be followed by
            all manner of Erica Friedman merchandise, in particular cute plushies
            (because everyone loves plushies! maybe they'll even be talking ones),
            and we'll eventually end up auctioning _you_ off on eBay to some crazy
            fan who will then proceed to make you edit every terrible piece of
            fiction they've ever written, most of which are self-insertion furry
            hermaphrodite fics starring you and the rest of which are about
            5-year-old children having sex, all with accompanying illustrations.
            Have I succeeded in terrifying you yet? ;)

            Erin
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 2, 2005
              >From: Erin Subramanian <esubramanian1@...>
              >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Re: Scoop - Yuri Shimai is reborn!
              >Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 22:42:56 -0400

              >Face it, Erica, it's your destiny to be drawn into manga. All these
              >one-time appearances are leading up to a serialized manga about your
              >adventures and trials as a yuri idol. This will shortly be followed by
              >all manner of Erica Friedman merchandise, in particular cute plushies
              >(because everyone loves plushies! maybe they'll even be talking ones),
              >and we'll eventually end up auctioning _you_ off on eBay to some crazy
              >fan who will then proceed to make you edit every terrible piece of
              >fiction they've ever written, most of which are self-insertion furry
              >hermaphrodite fics starring you and the rest of which are about
              >5-year-old children having sex, all with accompanying illustrations.
              >Have I succeeded in terrifying you yet? ;)

              What really terrifies me is that my so-called friends have threatened to
              draw and make several of the above. There was the Erica Friedman handpuppet
              idea bouncing around the Fanfic Revolution for a while and Kun has long
              threatened to draw the "Adventures of Chibi-Erica." Thankfully, all these
              people are very lazy.

              And I just received a submission for the Fanfic Revolution...I'm beginning
              to think you are bizarrely clairvoyant and wish, heartily, that you'd go
              find someone else to be right about. LOL

            • qa9999aq
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 2, 2005
                > What really terrifies me is that my so-called friends have
                threatened to
                > draw and make several of the above. There was the Erica Friedman
                handpuppet

                http://www.littledances.com/gallery/chibi.htm

                ^___^
              • Tim II
                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 3, 2005
                  wrote:

                  > Face it, Erica, it's your destiny to be drawn into
                  > manga. All these
                  > one-time appearances are leading up to a serialized
                  > manga about your
                  > adventures and trials as a yuri idol. This will
                  > shortly be followed by
                  > all manner of Erica Friedman merchandise, in
                  > particular cute plushies
                  > (because everyone loves plushies! maybe they'll even
                  > be talking ones),

                  Ooooooooh..... all the catchphrases.

                  > and we'll eventually end up auctioning _you_ off on
                  > eBay to some crazy
                  > fan who will then proceed to make you edit every
                  > terrible piece of
                  > fiction they've ever written, most of which are
                  > self-insertion furry
                  > hermaphrodite fics starring you and the rest of

                  Now you have gone to far...for shame

                  > which are about
                  > 5-year-old children having sex, all with
                  > accompanying illustrations.
                  > Have I succeeded in terrifying you yet? ;)
                  >
                  > Erin

                  Tim II -semi-lurker

                  Yahoo! Mail Mobile
                  http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail