Re: [Yuricon] Yuri AMV

  • Ashley
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 2, 2005
      kitten wrote:

      > Just a reminder - submissions are currently being accepted for the
      > Onna! AMV contest. Details are available at:
      > http://stage.onnafest.com/live//index.php?option=content&task=view&id=43
      > <http://stage.onnafest.com/live//index.php?option=content&task=view&id=43>
      >

      > *//*

      How would you put an amv on vhs?? Not that Im going to, but Im
      curious... Ill fix up my AMV and submit it. ^^

      --Ashley
    • Resop
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 2, 2005
        --- Ashley <dreamingxashley@...> wrote:

        > kitten wrote:
        >
        > > Just a reminder - submissions are currently being accepted for the
        > > Onna! AMV contest. Details are available at:
        > > http://stage.onnafest.com/live//index.php?option=content&task=view&id=43
        > > <http://stage.onnafest.com/live//index.php?option=content&task=view&id=43>
        > >

        > > *//*
        > >
        > How would you put an amv on vhs?? Not that Im going to, but Im
        > curious... Ill fix up my AMV and submit it. ^^
        >
        > --Ashley

        I have a macintosh powerbook. The easiest way one can put an AMV
        on VHS in this environment is:

        Get a microphone jack to RCA cable from Radio Shack.

        Attach the S-video to VHS patch cable to a video cable (or the Yellow
        cable in a Yellow/White/Red cable combo)

        Connect the powerbook to the VCR by plugging the microphone
        jack into the microphone plug in the power book and running the
        Red/White RCA side to the Red/White input jacks to the VCR. Then
        Plug the S-video jack into the S-video port and plug the yellow
        RCA jack into the Yellow input jack of your VCR.

        Put you VCR on the "line in" channel that corresponds to where
        you plugged in your cables to the VCR.

        Turn on the TV and fire up the computer. You should hear the
        computer on the TV and see the background pattern.

        Bring up on your computer VLC (Video LAN Client) and chose as
        video output "Screen 2". Put your AMV into the playlist.

        Start your video and then hit open-apple-F for full screen.

        You should now see your video on the TV.

        Stop the video. Start recording for a 10-15 second leader, then
        restart your video.

        Hope this helps!

        Craig
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 2, 2005
          >From: Ashley <dreamingxashley@...>
          >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Yuri AMV
          >Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 12:14:24 -0400
          >
          >kitten wrote:
          >
          > > Just a reminder - submissions are currently being accepted for the
          > > Onna! AMV contest.

          Thumbs up, An. :-)

          And any aspiring manga artists - don't forget that Onna! is the home of
          "Project Manga" - your chance to have your work critiqued by professionals
          in the American manga and comics industries.

          Details are available at:
          > > http://stage.onnafest.com/live//index.php?option=content&task=view&id=43
          > >
          ><http://stage.onnafest.com/live//index.php?option=content&task=view&id=43>
          > >

          > > *//*
          > >
          >How would you put an amv on vhs?? Not that Im going to, but Im
          >curious... Ill fix up my AMV and submit it. ^^

          You know - there didn't used to *be* digital technology. VHS was all people
          had when AMVs were begun. :-)

        • Ashley
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 10, 2005
            http://akari.nazon.net/bbs/view.php?id=e_cosphoto&page=1&sn1=&divpage=1&category=2&sn=off&ss=on&sc=on&&select_arrange=headnum&desc=asc&no=28

            First: Beware of streamed music...
            Second: Make sure you have pleanty of fresh air when looking at the
            pics. lol

            Now, its Kouya and Yamato, live-action! And the girls are rather pretty
            too. ^^ Youko was wonderful enough to provide me with a search result
            for a japanese index of loveless sites. hehe.

            http://akari.nazon.net/ Thats the original site, and it looks like hes
            gonna have the parts from episode 9 up sometime too. :D

            --Ashley
          • Cristian
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 25, 2011
              I made this fan trailer for the Utena movie (BGM is from the Inception trailer):

              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJrFot8w-l4
              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 25, 2011
                --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Cristian <koyuki.greatfulsound@...> wrote:

                > I made this fan trailer for the Utena movie (BGM is from the Inception
                > trailer):
                >
                > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJrFot8w-l4

                Nice! Is it okay if I favorite it for Yuri Studios?

              • Cristian
                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 26, 2011
                  Of course. I'm glad you liked it!