Re: [Yuricon] Scoop - Yuri Shimai is reborn!

  • Clarissa C. S. Ryan
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 1, 2005
      That's terrific! And there's YURICON right there in
      romaji so even I can spot it! Heehee...

      --
      Clarissa C. S. Ryan
      wintersweet@...
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 2, 2005
        atheniag wrote:

        >Ichijinsha's website reports the that "Yuri Hime" will be available in
        >Summer 2005 - with a Yuricon Report!
        >
        >http://www.ichijinsha.co.jp/yurihime/
        >
        >Yuri Hime is going to have a cover by Hibiki Reine and it looks like
        >all our favorite artists will be returning with their popular series -
        >including Hayashiya Shizuru, artist of Strawberry Shake and Morinaga
        >Miruku.
        >
        >There's a short story by Hibiki Reine as well and one of the essays is
        >by Mori Natsuko, one of the Guests at Yuricon in Tokyo.
        >
        >Yuri Hime's target sales date is 7/16 and you can be sure that, as
        >soon as it's available on Amazon JP, we'll have it on the Yuricon
        >Shop!

        Yay, this is really great news! :)

        Actually, the funny thing is that I had a dream last night that you were
        somehow involved in the production of Yuri Shimai under the new company,
        and you guys were having trouble getting mangaka to draw for it... And
        now today I wake up and open up my email and there's an email from you
        about Yuri Shimai. Very funny coincidence. ^^
        I hope tonight I dream about you winning the lottery and licensing all
        my favorite yuri manga and then wake up tomorrow to find that it's come
        true... ;)

        Erin
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 2, 2005
          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Erin Subramanian <esubramanian1@c...>
          wrote:
          > atheniag wrote:
          >

          > Yay, this is really great news! :)
          >
          > Actually, the funny thing is that I had a dream last night that you
          were
          > somehow involved in the production of Yuri Shimai under the new
          company,
          > and you guys were having trouble getting mangaka to draw for it...

          I've been thinking about the folks at Ichijisha alot lately. If they
          are half as crazy as I expect them to be, trying to get this issue out
          on time, then I have nothing but sympathy for them. :-)

          And
          > now today I wake up and open up my email and there's an email from
          you
          > about Yuri Shimai. Very funny coincidence. ^^
          > I hope tonight I dream about you winning the lottery and licensing
          all
          > my favorite yuri manga and then wake up tomorrow to find that it's
          come
          > true... ;)

          Me too! LOL

          Onna! Festival of women's roles in animation and comics
          Home of "Project Manga" - get your chance to break into the world of
          professional manga!
          October 8-10 2005 Newark, NJ
          http://www.onnafest.com
        • Erin Subramanian
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 2, 2005
            atheniag wrote:

            >Ichijinsha's website reports the that "Yuri Hime" will be available in
            >Summer 2005 - with a Yuricon Report!
            >
            >http://www.ichijinsha.co.jp/yurihime/
            >
            >Yuri Hime is going to have a cover by Hibiki Reine and it looks like
            >all our favorite artists will be returning with their popular series -
            >including Hayashiya Shizuru, artist of Strawberry Shake and Morinaga
            >Miruku.
            >
            >There's a short story by Hibiki Reine as well and one of the essays is
            >by Mori Natsuko, one of the Guests at Yuricon in Tokyo.

            Forgot to mention in my last email (whoops!), some more details for
            anyone who's curious but can't read Japanese:
            It talks about love between two "shoujo" (girls), so it looks like the
            ages of the characters will continue to be the same, not that that's any
            surprise. ^^
            The Yuricon Report looks like it will be in manga form? Or maybe I'm
            just misinterpreting that.
            They'll have the usual anime reviews (they call them "introductions"
            here, but same thing), as well as a special on yuri in horror, I think.

            Onto the artists:
            One of the pinups is by Sakura Shio, whose artwork I really like--she
            did the illustrations for the "Yurimu Monogatari" series of yuri-fied
            fairy tales that were in Yuri Shimai 2-5, if people have read those, as
            well as illustrations for a couple of other text stories, I think.
            Anyway, the "Yurimu Monogatari" illustrated text series is continuing, yay.
            It looks like the "Koi Shimai" illustrated text series is continuing as
            well, only it's called "Koi Suru Shimai." It's still written by the same
            person and still illustrated by Hibiki Reine (which is what Erica meant
            in her email, I think).

            As for mangaka, the names I recognize are:
            Zaou Taishi (and Eiki Eiki): did Her (Kanojo), Expressions of Love
            (Aijou Hyougen), Onna Ookami, etc.
            Miyabi Fujieda: did that story about the miko and the witch in Yuri
            Shimai 4-5
            Hayashiya Shizuru: mangaka of Strawberry Shake (duh, right?)
            CHI-RAN: did Aufbluehen in Yuri Shimai 5
            Takahashi Mako: Red Umbrella, White Umbrella (in Yuri Shimai 4), Sandals
            (in Yuri Shimai 5)
            Morinaga Miruku: Even if We're Not Friends, A Kiss, Love, and a Prince,
            This Love From I Can't Remember When, and so on--serialized story that's
            about different characters every time
            Shinonome Mizuo: Koi Shimai manga (Yuri Shimai 4-5)
            Inoue Shinkai: Pops, Pops 2nd
            Nawoko: Door (Tobira), A Special Person, Voice (Yuri Shimai 5)
            Izumi Yuu: Kaikan Spiral (Yuri Shimai 5)
            Morishima Akiko: don't think she's done anything in Yuri Shimai before,
            but you've probably heard Erica mention her--she's a member of the
            circle Girlish, was at Yuricon in Tokyo, etc.
            There were two names in there I didn't recognize, so I'm guessing
            they're people who haven't drawn for Yuri Shimai before.

            As Erica mentioned, there's also an essay by Mori Natsuko, although the
            name of the essay is different from her column in the past issues of
            Yuri Shimai.

            Hope this was informative! :)

            Erin
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 2, 2005
              >From: Erin Subramanian <esubramanian1@...>
              >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Scoop - Yuri Shimai is reborn!
              >Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 08:52:37 -0400

              >Morishima Akiko: don't think she's done anything in Yuri Shimai before,
              >but you've probably heard Erica mention her--she's a member of the
              >circle Girlish, was at Yuricon in Tokyo, etc.

              Actually, she did do something for a previous YS. One of the cute little
              angel girl stories, the title of which has completely escaped me.

              >Hope this was informative! :)

              Thank you! I was going to get around to this, but have been a little busy -
              you saved me alot of time. :-)

            • Erin Subramanian
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 2, 2005
                Erica Friedman wrote:

                >>Morishima Akiko: don't think she's done anything in Yuri Shimai before,
                >>but you've probably heard Erica mention her--she's a member of the
                >>circle Girlish, was at Yuricon in Tokyo, etc.
                >>

                >Actually, she did do something for a previous YS. One of the cute little
                >angel girl stories, the title of which has completely escaped me.

                Oh, Angels' Wings (Tenshi no Hane), from Yuri Shimai 2. I always forget
                about those short color stories. ^^

                >>Hope this was informative! :)
                >>

                >Thank you! I was going to get around to this, but have been a little busy -
                >you saved me alot of time. :-)

                You're welcome. :)

                Erin
                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 2, 2005
                  wrote:
                  > Erica Friedman wrote:
                  >
                  > >>Morishima Akiko: don't think she's done anything in Yuri Shimai
                  before,
                  > >>but you've probably heard Erica mention her--she's a member of the
                  > >>circle Girlish, was at Yuricon in Tokyo, etc.
                  > >>

                  > >Actually, she did do something for a previous YS. One of the cute
                  little
                  > >angel girl stories, the title of which has completely escaped me.
                  > >

                  > Oh, Angels' Wings (Tenshi no Hane), from Yuri Shimai 2. I always forget
                  > about those short color stories. ^^

                  That's the one!

                  I didn't notice that the Yuricon report would be a manga....I read it
                  as Yuricon Report (comma implied) Yuri manga, anime shoukai...but now
                  that you point it out, it *does* say "Yuricon Report manga, Yuri anime
                  introductions," etc...

                  How terrifying. I shudder to think.

                  Onna! Home of "Project Manga"
                  http://www.onnafest.com
                • Erin Subramanian
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 2, 2005
                    atheniag wrote:

                    >I didn't notice that the Yuricon report would be a manga....I read it
                    >as Yuricon Report (comma implied) Yuri manga, anime shoukai...but now
                    >that you point it out, it *does* say "Yuricon Report manga, Yuri anime
                    >introductions," etc...
                    >
                    >How terrifying. I shudder to think.

                    Face it, Erica, it's your destiny to be drawn into manga. All these
                    one-time appearances are leading up to a serialized manga about your
                    adventures and trials as a yuri idol. This will shortly be followed by
                    all manner of Erica Friedman merchandise, in particular cute plushies
                    (because everyone loves plushies! maybe they'll even be talking ones),
                    and we'll eventually end up auctioning _you_ off on eBay to some crazy
                    fan who will then proceed to make you edit every terrible piece of
                    fiction they've ever written, most of which are self-insertion furry
                    hermaphrodite fics starring you and the rest of which are about
                    5-year-old children having sex, all with accompanying illustrations.
                    Have I succeeded in terrifying you yet? ;)

                    Erin
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jun 2, 2005
                      >From: Erin Subramanian <esubramanian1@...>
                      >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                      >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Re: Scoop - Yuri Shimai is reborn!
                      >Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 22:42:56 -0400

                      >Face it, Erica, it's your destiny to be drawn into manga. All these
                      >one-time appearances are leading up to a serialized manga about your
                      >adventures and trials as a yuri idol. This will shortly be followed by
                      >all manner of Erica Friedman merchandise, in particular cute plushies
                      >(because everyone loves plushies! maybe they'll even be talking ones),
                      >and we'll eventually end up auctioning _you_ off on eBay to some crazy
                      >fan who will then proceed to make you edit every terrible piece of
                      >fiction they've ever written, most of which are self-insertion furry
                      >hermaphrodite fics starring you and the rest of which are about
                      >5-year-old children having sex, all with accompanying illustrations.
                      >Have I succeeded in terrifying you yet? ;)

                      What really terrifies me is that my so-called friends have threatened to
                      draw and make several of the above. There was the Erica Friedman handpuppet
                      idea bouncing around the Fanfic Revolution for a while and Kun has long
                      threatened to draw the "Adventures of Chibi-Erica." Thankfully, all these
                      people are very lazy.

                      And I just received a submission for the Fanfic Revolution...I'm beginning
                      to think you are bizarrely clairvoyant and wish, heartily, that you'd go
                      find someone else to be right about. LOL

                    • qa9999aq
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jun 2, 2005
                        > What really terrifies me is that my so-called friends have
                        threatened to
                        > draw and make several of the above. There was the Erica Friedman
                        handpuppet

                        http://www.littledances.com/gallery/chibi.htm

                        ^___^
                      • Tim II
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jun 3, 2005
                          wrote:

                          > Face it, Erica, it's your destiny to be drawn into
                          > manga. All these
                          > one-time appearances are leading up to a serialized
                          > manga about your
                          > adventures and trials as a yuri idol. This will
                          > shortly be followed by
                          > all manner of Erica Friedman merchandise, in
                          > particular cute plushies
                          > (because everyone loves plushies! maybe they'll even
                          > be talking ones),

                          Ooooooooh..... all the catchphrases.

                          > and we'll eventually end up auctioning _you_ off on
                          > eBay to some crazy
                          > fan who will then proceed to make you edit every
                          > terrible piece of
                          > fiction they've ever written, most of which are
                          > self-insertion furry
                          > hermaphrodite fics starring you and the rest of

                          Now you have gone to far...for shame

                          > which are about
                          > 5-year-old children having sex, all with
                          > accompanying illustrations.
                          > Have I succeeded in terrifying you yet? ;)
                          >
                          > Erin

                          Tim II -semi-lurker

                          Yahoo! Mail Mobile
                          http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail